TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

What did you do to your TJ today?

TominAZ

Supporting Member
Put the Keystone hardtop back on and drove 978 miles to San Antonio, Texas. This is the first leg of our journey. Tomorrow we will be in Louisiana and then Fort Walton Beach, Florida. Then a four day stopover and on to Pennsylvania. The jeep is running great thanks to seven months of good advice from this forum! It runs smooth and tight. That's the new owner riding shotgun (my daughter). She drives with Texas cruise control--foot hard on the floor, but the jeep is going over ninety at times and making me nervous.

20200731_172548.jpg

Last edited:

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
Chickenshit project while waiting for the hurricane. The sound bar - or sound pods in my '06 - seem pretty airtight to me, not particularly good for bass response as the speakers will try to form a vacuum during outward excursions - and compress on inward. Therefore, I figured I'd vent them:
15d.jpg

Hecho en China - 1/2" mini speaker ports.

15e.jpg

Hole drilled.

15f.jpg

Press fit...

160.jpg

Should lower the impedance of the enclosures and let the speakers breathe.

mushdogs

TJ Enthusiast

chad

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Chickenshit project while waiting for the hurricane. The sound bar - or sound pods in my '06 - seem pretty airtight to me, not particularly good for bass response as the speakers will try to form a vacuum during outward excursions - and compress on inward. Therefore, I figured I'd vent them:
View attachment 180835
Hecho en China - 1/2" mini speaker ports.

View attachment 180836
Hole drilled.

View attachment 180837
Press fit...

View attachment 180838
Should lower the impedance of the enclosures and let the speakers breathe.
Just curious did it seem like it helped much?

Zorba

"The Veiled Male"
Supporting Member
Just curious did it seem like it helped much?
I have no idea - haven't even turned 'em on since. I'm not going to be able to really evaluate anything with regards to these speakers until I replace the head unit as I cannot play "my" music. Then a thumb put over/removed from the ports should tell the tale.

Cannot play my music right now as the stock head unit has a broken CD player which ate one of my CDs - so I'm limited to local radio which is fine if you want country or rock - but for eval purposes, I need specific classical, Greek, or Belly Dance songs that I'm very familiar with. Even a local world or classical radio station would help, but there aren't any.