What did you do to your TJ today?

So last week was an expensive week. I bought a new soft top, Bestop Supertop NX Twill, which I received today. I bought a new steering wheel cover from Wheel Skins. And, I bought new seat covers from Bartact.

I didn't get a picture, but I installed the steering wheel cover yesterday. And I'm not happy with the soft top. I was hoping to install it this coming weekend, but it's going to be 72º all week, and rain. Crap. So that will have to wait.
The seat covers have a 5 week lead time, but I can wait on that.

That's a big chunk-o-change you spent! What didn't you like about the soft top? Look forward to your review of the seat covers.

I hated to spend the money, but I've been saving up for a year to buy that stuff anyway. I'll have to wait another year to get something else...

Me too. I've seen the Twill on some JK/U's in my area. They're nice. And I figure if it's good enough on those wannabe jeeps, it HAS to be good for my TJ!
A co-worker of mine has one on his wannabe Jeep JK also. They sure are nice. If I was in the market for a soft top, I think I would be sorely tempted to fork over the cost for one of those...

Once I get it installed, I'll post up a thread with lots of pictures. I'm very anxious to get started.

Just wish the temps would get over 78°.

Once I get it installed, I'll post up a thread with lots of pictures. I'm very anxious to get started.

Just wish the temps would get over 78°.
No buddy with a heated garage...?

What I am mostly interested in is how is it to fold down? Does the twill material like to be folded up in a 'pile'?

Installed Novak shifter cable. I thought it was pretty easy. About 1.5 hrs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been wanting to do this too. I've watched the video of it being installed on "Bleeping Jeep" a couple times.
Did you have to remove the skid plate and lower the tranny to install it? Seemed like the hardest part would be getting to that top bolt on the transmission / transfer case.

I've been wanting to do this too. I've watched the video of it being installed on "Bleeping Jeep" a couple times.
Did you have to remove the skid plate and lower the tranny to install it? Seemed like the hardest part would be getting to that top bolt on the transmission / transfer case.

No I did not. Having to remove skid plate caused me some hesitation but it was completely doable with it on. If I was to give you one tip. Maybe install cable onto brackets before mounting brackets. It was difficult to get a large wrench to tighten those cable nuts. But like I said. It's definitely doable.
Top bolt was no problem. Video does make it look difficult but that really was not a problem

Reactions: egclassic
Drove my TJ across the country from FL to NY on a one-way 1400 mile trek and left it there, and got a flight back to FL for round 2 of moving. Jeep did great with 160k miles to just get up one day and drive that distance in the heat of the summer. Very impressed.

No I did not. Having to remove skid plate caused me some hesitation but it was completely doable with it on. If I was to give you one tip. Maybe install cable onto brackets before mounting brackets. It was difficult to get a large wrench to tighten those cable nuts. But like I said. It's definitely doable.
Top bolt was no problem. Video does make it look difficult but that really was not a problem

I removed the skid plate to do mine, and it made it much easier. No need to lower the transmission.

This also makes the job easier.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BI2D0H4/?tag=wranglerorg-20

f7c9b53c3a0ef207bc3fd8b40f88652a.jpg

Picked up a set of Moab wheels and new tires for $250. Jumped on them quick.

For future reference THIS is the cap that solved the CEL glow. 8 bucks @pepboys. Cheaper on Amazon, but by less than 2 dollars. And I wanted this resolved asap. Btw, made in USA. Strangely enough, it cost less than the Mexican made one @advanced auto.

b9d334dea23b3f08bf10d98ee5d47edd.jpg

Reactions: VallenMaes
My Jeep has been running on 'E' with a low fuel light for 5 days, so today I put 18.2 gallons of gas in it. Now I know for sure it has a 19 gallon tank and how far I can go on 'E' :)

BTW - 14.8 MPG WooHoo!

Brave sole! Closest I've dared to go was 16.6 gallons.