What did you do to your TJ today?

ONE has a Heavy Duty 2" Spring, that is meant for jeeps with After market bumpers, winches and tire carriers... when used without them it raises the vehicle the addl 1/2"...

I fully loaded! Hehehe

I can attest to this. You've got everything but the kitchen sink on your rig, and you might even have the kitchen sink. I didn't see it, lol!

Today I installed my new Powerstop front calipers, Centric rotors and EBC Yellowstuff pads. Even with just gentle driving, I can tell these are going to be way better than what was on there!

I'm hoping to get the rears done on the weekend.

Installed a Derale power steering cooler.
1IPHMO0C4Gfo66-4wgp7lZ83xdipJrs7zSFTbZrnLeCGsD40sb2pogMH3loSDA0sTlHEMcEQVq9-3OUZq8=w1135-h638-no.jpg

pNIesO1Q0b1lZ_78Xn0IRYUOtNXiWQgBKVe3NjJIKNhVhBQr6q85y2yss_m7rSb-An3YYWJnSKl_kX22k6=w1135-h638-no.jpg

Had a surprise the first time I went to use the Sun Rider top on my LJ.
The knuckle on the drivers side was wrapped in black electrical tape by the dealer to hide the broken part.
IMG_20170625_175152328.jpg
After a little time on the Southbend lathe and Bridgeport mill a new part was made.
IMG_20170629_184336684.jpg

Now the Sun Rider top is back in service ready for a ride this weekend in Ocala National Forest.
IMG_20170630_203409578.jpg

Since the sleeve was also missing some 1" electrical conduit serves the function.

I've added this to my todo list. I've never lost steering while wheeling, but if I can make it run cooler, it should be happier. :)
I had a bunch of whining last week when I was wheelin and attributed it to getting overly hot. Hopefully this will take care of the issue.

The install was totally easy. I did need to buy an extra longer piece of hose. Other than that, went without a hitch.

Ordered a Currie CE-9120TJJ track bar to replace my metalcloak Trac bar whose heim joint has taken a shit, causing some pretty damn bad steering shimmy at 40 to 50mph. It better get here quick

Ordered a Currie CE-9120TJJ track bar to replace my metalcloak Trac bar whose heim joint has taken a shit, causing some pretty damn bad steering shimmy at 40 to 50mph. It better get here quick
After how long of running this track bar did an issue arise? I know most trackbars have been warrantied through metalcloak for a new one.

Also I'm about to order front and rear MC tracbars over Currie trackbars, let me know if there's some structural failure I should know about :D.

Reactions: Rob5589
After how long of running this track bar did an issue arise? I know most trackbars have been warrantied through metalcloak for a new one.

Also I'm about to order front and rear MC tracbars over Currie trackbars, let me know if there's some structural failure I should know about :D.

Maybe 30,000 miles or so. A few wheeling trips but mostly street. It definitely has been going for a while, I thought I was chasing a tire balance problem, it only just got bad enough that I could detect the slop in the heim joint.
I sent metalcloak a video of the slop as they requested but haven't gotten an answer as to wether they have sent a new one out or not. I'm sure they will but I said screw it and went Currie as I need it pronto

Edit: turns out the failure of the metalcloak heim was caused by whatever my real problem is. Currie Track bar made no difference in my steering/tire shimmy

Last edited:
Reactions: fourpointzero
Maybe 30,000 miles

This is exactly why I didn't buy into the MC track bar hype. I couldn't see a heim lasting too long with regular daily driving and off-road use. Some brands swear by their durability and some may indeed last longer than others. But I couldn't imagine one outlasting a lubricatable joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is exactly why I didn't buy into the MC track bar hype. I couldn't see a heim lasting too long with regular daily driving and off-road use. Some brands swear by their durability and some may indeed last longer than others. But I couldn't imagine one outlasting a lubricatable joint.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Um questioning my thought to make this trackbar purchase :(

Anyone else who has experience with a currie or mc trackbar?

Reactions: IronCity