What did you do to your TJ today?

ordered

and hell, if women can't find me handsome, at least they'll find me handy.

The PO cut my radio wiring harness when they installed an aftermarket head unit. I ended up using butt connectors when I first upgraded it, but when I switched to another head unit last summer I bought the male and female ends and soldered everything together. Now it’s much easier to remove if I ever need to, and if I ever want to change it again, I’ll only have to solder the male connector to the head unit, and it’ll be plug & play.

Well, I got my new washer pumps in today, replaced the headlights, and figured I was all set for a Massachusetts inspection. My doors are off but I have two door hinge mirrors plus the rear view. Went to the first station and the guy said he would need the doors on it as he has to inspect the glass. Went to another place and the kid said he "didn't think" it needed the doors on but couldn't inspect it today would have to wait until tomorrow. I read the law and it says something along the lines of "all glazing that was originally installed needs to be in place." So, maybe the first guy was right. I dunno. I'm gonna go to the second place tomorrow and see what happens. Otherwise, I guess I need to pop my door hinge mirrors off and put the doors back on. Not that big a deal, I'm just lazy.

Yeahhhhh I don’t miss MA inspections 😂 Where are you located? Do you just need the safety inspection? If it’s not too far for you, and those other shops don’t pan out, Alpha and Omega in Brighton will probably hook you up 🤙

Reactions: hardtailpan
Finally got the Currie 4” springs installed today 🙌 I’m still running my old bumpstops tho. I need new coil brackets before the new ones can be installed. Also discovered a fun fact today: the exhaust shop that installed my exhaust setup 2 years ago welded the muffler in backwards 🤬 not sure how they could miss the giant “inlet” that is etched next to the opening 😡😡 And I can’t just have someone reverse it because of how the system is routed. Now to find a new muffler, and a new shop to install it.

Yeahhhhh I don’t miss MA inspections 😂 Where are you located? Do you just need the safety inspection? If it’s not too far for you, and those other shops don’t pan out, Alpha and Omega in Brighton will probably hook you up 🤙

Pretty far away from me, i'm in central mass by the CT border, Sturbridge area, SW of Worcester if you don't know Sturbridge. I really appreciate the recommendation tho! Thing is, she's legal! What a pain in the ass....

Reactions: HBomber8
Hey, I like that (and your taste in music). What's the model number and where'd ya get it? Crutchfield?
Thnx.. good driving music.. good music period!!.. local audio shop.. I try to buy local for service reasons and help local businesses
3D7E45C0-1A9D-45F9-B530-DCB299F90969.jpeg

Don't remember if I already showed these, but I did a photo shoot with the Jeep and Bus. Not so much today, but just felt like sharing since I haven't really done anything to the Jeep lately, besides drive it. LOL

F6397870-F093-41A6-9A8C-312895735A1B.jpeg
D2699AD6-48B4-428C-A02A-749ED5A96F74.jpeg
6974C067-FDB1-4791-A1EB-9C885BB8AF74.jpeg

As you can see I am into the big guards. The one on the bus is called a Roo Bar. It is something that is popular in Australia. I will say it has done its job, I haven't hit a kangaroo yet!! :D

An amazingly large pile of CB radio stuff arrived today. Now I get to sort through it, combine it with a new stereo head unit that's still inbound, rig up my PA amp, and get it all installed in the Jeep! Now I just figured out that I need a 12v relay and a coax coupler fitting as well. Oh, and a 2 pin connector to be able to soft wire it in. The Metra bezel is now painted.

Complete compound/polish/wax with Meguires Ultimate system. Have a few trail rash scratches that just aren’t coming out but it looks 1000x better than it did this morning. Some previous owner had the fender flares painted body color and although they look good, the rear flares pick up rock chips like crazy. I’m weighing my options on what to do about that.

Oh yeah and after getting the 4.0 gurgle I replaced my radiator cap last week and wouldn’t you know, now that my system is pressurized normally, my water pump seal started leaking today. So I ordered all the parts this evening. It never ends...

I went to see @Hog to play with my springs and sort out where my 06 I just got is...

His genius son figured out the headlight phone app in 5 minutes, I can barely operate a rotary phone myself

So far I added 4" led running lights and ditched the 6", cleaned up loose ends and small missing doodad's, added Grand Cherokee springs up front and have 2" Teraflex rears coming, jks links and entry guard. Hopefully @Hog will see the tag and post a pic I sent him if it in my Jeep shed.

Really enjoying going through one that is mostly easy stuff, and getting to drive it while I do.

I went to see @Hog to play with my springs and sort out where my 06 I just got is...

His genius son figured out the headlight phone app in 5 minutes, I can barely operate a rotary phone myself

So far I added 4" led running lights and ditched the 6", cleaned up loose ends and small missing doodad's, added Grand Cherokee springs up front and have 2" Teraflex rears coming, jks links and entry guard. Hopefully @Hog will see the tag and post a pic I sent him if it in my Jeep shed.

Really enjoying going through one that is mostly easy stuff, and getting to drive it while I do.
FCF6700F-B8F6-4849-AA8B-14E0F0328D63.jpeg

she will only get better as Andy keeps messing with it