What did you do to your TJ today?

Hey thanks , most of mine need to get better. Man I can find some strange cases over here.

Appreciate the hand with the spring, it went back on way better than I expected.

Reactions: Alex01 and Hog
Upgraded my audio system to a marine grade pioneer with Bluetooth and new speakers..then of course it rained on my way home!
View attachment 184893
View attachment 184894
Somebody's wife is going full Bobbit if this gets figured out!

Check this out, he got her a sweet LJ, and now he's upgrading like crazy. 😋

Seriously, he will do two cheaper than I can build one, he's a magnet for deals. I can't even buy me stuff as cheap as stuff I get him occasionally. He got a complete4" Zone lift for 132.00 or so last Christmas. I got a coffee cup with a Jeep on it.

Pretty far away from me, i'm in central mass by the CT border, Sturbridge area, SW of Worcester if you don't know Sturbridge. I really appreciate the recommendation tho! Thing is, she's legal! What a pain in the ass....

Ah, good old Sturbridge! I’m from the Berkshires originally, but I’ve been to Sturbridge a few times. My sister lives in CT, and I used to take 84 whenever I visited her (while trying to avoid the CT State Troopers! 😂😂)

I Jerry Rigged a hardtop lift in my garage. I had the Jeep for a year and now I can running her naked for the summer. I bought the parts from harbor freights and used their Tow winch 1500 lbs to lift the top off and tie down straps to secure top once off the Jeep. My biggest complaint is to remove these hardtop took two people. Now it's a one man job.
Since I have a single car garage its tight in there(that's what he said). With the top lifted i still have room to park the Jeep. Win win.
So far the soft top noise isnt too bad except on the highway. Way better with the top down.
Next RMS. Ugh!

IMG_20200806_134121.jpg
20200818_170557.jpg
20200818_170602.jpg
20200818_170221.jpg
20200805_153320.jpg

20200813_114445.jpg

20200820_122251.jpg

Last edited:
I Jerry Rigged a hardtop lift in my garage. I had the Jeep for a year and now I can running her naked for the summer. I bought the parts from harbor freights and used their Tow winch 1500 lbs to lift the top off and tie down straps to secure top once off the Jeep. My biggest complaint is to remove these hardtop took two people. Now it's a one man job.

View attachment 184998View attachment 184999View attachment 185000View attachment 185001View attachment 185002

Next the RMS. Ugh.

View attachment 185003
I had my own homemade lift setup very similar to yours, HF winch and all. Was lifting off the top last week, got it 2 inches off the tub and BANG!!! One of the 1500lb eyebolts holding a pulley snapped and it fell all cockeyed back to the tub. Thankfully just chipped the top by the drivers mucket seal. But it scared me enough about my guerrilla engineering to bite the bullet and buy a harken hoister. Should have that installed this weekend

Don't remember if I already showed these, but I did a photo shoot with the Jeep and Bus. Not so much today, but just felt like sharing since I haven't really done anything to the Jeep lately, besides drive it. LOL

View attachment 184907View attachment 184908View attachment 184909

As you can see I am into the big guards. The one on the bus is called a Roo Bar. It is something that is popular in Australia. I will say it has done its job, I haven't hit a kangaroo yet!! :D
In the Caribbean they are called Donkey or Goat bars as well. Guess it depends on the random animals that stop in the middle of the road for no reason. In Spanish Mata burro(Donkey Killer literally)

Last edited:
Metra double DIN bezel painted with DupliColor. I probably should have gone with SEM, but that would have been an order whereas the DupliColor was local. It works well enough, but it doesn't cover well, this is 1-3/4 cans! I mentioned this to the guy at O'Reilly's when I went back for the second can - he said that they've been getting complaints about bad coverage...
00.jpg

I did use their primer - which is clear.

Also discovered a fun fact today: the exhaust shop that installed my exhaust setup 2 years ago welded the muffler in backwards
There are plenty of mufflers that are labeled inlet and outlet that aren't directional. The label is sometimes just there for application specific mufflers. For example I run an econoline van muffler on mine backwards. The muffler is labeled directional and has an arrow just because with the inlet offset it wont fit in the van backwards. The internals aren't directional.

Reactions: mrjp and Blondie70
Mounted new 31s on my Jeep thanks to my buddy who has the mount and balance machines in his shop. $800 to my door for all five. My KOs had a date code from 2011, and the spare was the factory original 😦 These Toyo AT3 tires are incredibly smooth and incredibly quiet. I went on an hour long trek last night and this thing felt like a Cadillac off-road. Smooth as could be.
38A9781F-7CF2-4F38-B9FF-A3D04CCB2CB8.jpeg
96CF56B4-53E9-4E7C-BDCF-5CA5FCF93790.jpeg
FA9D3179-B86C-4A82-B81F-1C4C67AD3BAD.jpeg
2DA94F91-9E32-46C1-B8AE-24D303151CB4.jpeg

New JKS front sway bar links on my 06 project...I'm convinced you can't get the best lifted TJ handling without these, or at least something comparable.

The difference is immediately noticeable.

Mounted new 31s on my Jeep thanks to my buddy who has the mount and balance machines in his shop. $800 to my door for all five. My KOs had a date code from 2011, and the spare was the factory original 😦 These Toyo AT3 tires are incredibly smooth and incredibly quiet. I went on an hour long trek last night and this thing felt like a Cadillac off-road. Smooth as could be.
View attachment 185115View attachment 185116View attachment 185117View attachment 185118
Yup, good lookin' TJ!

Reactions: Jamison C and Hog
Well, I got my new washer pumps in today, replaced the headlights, and figured I was all set for a Massachusetts inspection. My doors are off but I have two door hinge mirrors plus the rear view. Went to the first station and the guy said he would need the doors on it as he has to inspect the glass. Went to another place and the kid said he "didn't think" it needed the doors on but couldn't inspect it today would have to wait until tomorrow. I read the law and it says something along the lines of "all glazing that was originally installed needs to be in place." So, maybe the first guy was right. I dunno. I'm gonna go to the second place tomorrow and see what happens. Otherwise, I guess I need to pop my door hinge mirrors off and put the doors back on. Not that big a deal, I'm just lazy.

Yeah, replying to my own quote. So, the dude who said he didn't know about the doors thing wasn't there this morning. It turns out the guy that was there I went to high school with, and I kinda know the owner. TJ was all good (without doors), except for the damn reverse lights! I can't freakin' belive I forgot to check em'. Really stupid on my part. They should've flunked me and I would've thanked em for the stupid rap upside the head but since they kinda knew me they passed it and said just make sure to fix it. This will be the only garage I go to in the future.

View attachment 185115View attachment 185116View attachment 185117View attachment 185118
Gotta love new tires! They all run like butter!

Reactions: Jamison C
Yeah, replying to my own quote. So, the dude who said he didn't know about the doors thing wasn't there this morning. It turns out the guy that was there I went to high school with, and I kinda know the owner. TJ was all good (without doors), except for the damn reverse lights! I can't freakin' belive I forgot to check em'. Really stupid on my part. They should've flunked me and I would've thanked em for the stupid rap upside the head but since they kinda knew me they passed it and said just make sure to fix it. This will be the only garage I go to in the future.
Been there, done that...… we have inspections every 6 months here on cars older than 2000....I dread getting mine check every half year.....Actually mine is in getting checked today as I'm writing this haha

Started painting the instrument cluster surround to match the radio bezel I painted yesterday (red). This DupliColor does NOT cover well, I had to go buy yet another can, but it does look nice once you finally get enough of it on!

In other news, my broken DSLR is now fixed, the parts camera arrived today and it only took about 30 minutes to transfer the needed parts over. So now I have TWO DSLRs, which will be VERY nice ASS-U-ME-ing I don't break another one!

cameras.JPG

Sony a-200 (Left) is the "new" one, the Sony a-100 (Right) is the repaired one. This stupid accident actually was a blessing in disguise as it turned out in the end! Plus - I had forgotten about it, but the a200 has an available vertical grip that the a100 doesn't. I had recalled being annoyed by this when the a200 was introduced - and I just found a NOS vertical grip! Yay me!