What did you do to your TJ today?

I never knew that the door surrounds folded in half until I took them apart for painting. I ditched the rusted bolt and locknut combination for a cleavis pin and cotter pin. The cleavis was too long and didn’t have a hole close enough to the depth of the plastic, so I drilled a new hole with my press, and cut off the excess with a Dremel. Result: I can pull a pin out and fold them up when I drive doorless!
(Sorry, no pics folded cause I’m too lazy to take the surrounds all the way off again!)

B3AF41C4-025D-49A1-9490-09B92D95B675.jpeg

3ADE3862-E84F-4545-9F9A-22ABAE17F80E.jpeg

We actually have a company here in town that does a new one, installed, for $159.00

They stay slammed. Even dealers use them.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
New windshield.

Can we talk about something else.😟
It could be worse. I just had to replace mine out of pocket because I pulled the seal out when I painted the car. The windshield had 30 miles on it after being replaced due to a stone crack. Had to pay $150 to have the windshield pulled out, new seal put on, and the windshield put back in. That was what I did to my Jeep yesterday.

• Sad
Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
This afternoon-

After Grand Cherokee front springs earlier this week , I went ahead and put Rock Krawler progressive springs on the rear and shelved the 2" pucks, Rancho 5000X shocks and and front caster bolts, then upgraded the front track bar bolt and frame end bushing to the 3/4" ton Dodge K7252 Moog, recentered the wheel and adjusted the top at the header bar fitment.

With a standing offer on the Jeep for 14,000, I'm 10,000 in and will stop at 10,500 after I do Bartacts that I will carry over to the next project.

Thanks to @Zorba and his t case shift lever conversion, I got the mod bug again. I found a lever as was offered on ebay at my local pull and save. Installed it and ran into the clearance issue in 4low,described by @Zorba and another on here. Also compared to the tj lever, the doner lever was straight in all regards whereas the tj lever has a driver's side leaning bend to center the lever in the console slot. The tj lever also has the appropriate z bend for clearance in 4low so I moded the tj lever by cutting it just before the bend to the rubber handle. I then took a metric torx button head bolt m10x 1.25 and drilled out the head to 7/16 which is the shaft size of the lever. Welded the bolt in place, did some grinding and painting and the mod is complete. Matched the shift knob I already had for the tranny.
0817201310.jpg
0815201126.jpg

While I was in there I removed the shift gate detent that makes the dogleg right to get to neutral. Much nicer shifting through the
t case.