What did you do to your TJ today?

Speaking of losing things, I thought I would get a head start on my front axle build for my TJ. I've had a HP30 sitting in my shop for a couple of years I've just never got around to it and now the time is here. So I start getting everything prepped to make sure I have a good starting point and I open up the diff cover and the bearing caps aren't there. Now I know I have them somewhere, I just have no idea where and I think I've looked just about everywhere so it looks like I'll be tearing apart my shop to find these SOB's.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

IMG_20200825_194901.jpg

IMG_20200825_194908.jpg

If it were me I'd paint the shit out of the underside of the replacements...and probably hit them with some undercoating after the paint dries too. ;)

I was lucky enough to have no rust on my front fenders when I bought my TJ. I was not happy when I noticed the metal about 1/4 inch below the top of the fender. It's pretty obvious why they rust out there. Twice before winter now, and more times to come, I got a can of Fluid Film and rigged up some extra long thin nozzle attachment and sprayed inside there through every opening I could find. I think there's three on each fender. So far, so good.

Speaking of losing things, I thought I would get a head start on my front axle build for my TJ. I've had a HP30 sitting in my shop for a couple of years I've just never got around to it and now the time is here. So I start getting everything prepped to make sure I have a good starting point and I open up the diff cover and the bearing caps aren't there. Now I know I have them somewhere, I just have no idea where and I think I've looked just about everywhere so it looks like I'll be tearing apart my shop to find these SOB's.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

View attachment 186190

View attachment 186191
After tearing apart my shop and going through my junk pile I finally found them in a revolution gear box with a bunch of other stuff. Crisis averted thank God.

On a positive note I opened my hydro assist box and everything was there lol.

IMG_20200825_201125.jpg

IMG_20200825_202350.jpg

IMG_20200825_195451.jpg

Bad news: I got the Currie springs installed, but the spring perches need to be replaced before the new bumpstops are installed 🤬 I would complain, but I’ve read @Mike_H’s build thread. This is nothing compared to his rust belt Jeep restoration 😂🍻
There is some good news tho: my replacement torque box arrived yesterday 🙌 just gotta get that bad Larry welded on, and mark which way I should be turning the bolts to avoid any future confusion lol. I’m probably going to wait until I buy the replacement spring perches and then have them both welded on at the same time, along with having the bump stops installed. Once I really start wheeling I’ll probably end up upg a Dana 44, or at least something beefier than the Dana 30/Dana 35 setup I’m currently running, but for now, I’d rather the save money.

Centered the steering wheel and on the drive home I found out the track bar is bad I got a case of @AndyG "The Death Wobble" . Got it home pulled in my home shop had my Dad come out and do a dry steering test and the only thing worn or lose was the non adjustable track bar. Since vacation starts Friday and we are headed to Navarre, FL. It will be another week before I replace it. Poor old Brother in law just couldn't help but go cheap on a lift!!!!!!!

Centered the steering wheel and on the drive home I found out the track bar is bad I got a case of @AndyG "The Death Wobble" . Got it home pulled in my home shop had my Dad come out and do a dry steering test and the only thing worn or lose was the non adjustable track bar. Since vacation starts Friday and we are headed to Navarre, FL. It will be another week before I replace it. Poor old Brother in law just couldn't help but go cheap on a lift!!!!!!!

I’ve slowly been upgrading my lift kit, and just upgraded mine a couple of months ago. The non-adjustable one that came with the cheap Pro Comp kit had been on there for at least a decade. What track bar are you thinking of going with?
Also, enjoy Navarre! Hopefully the weather isn’t too crappy 😕

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
don't forget if the axles are centered . and it's the axle end of the track bar you can upgrade the bushing

Hey, finally did something to my Jeep today! :D

I have been wanting a tailgate stopper for a while now. So back in May I found one I wanted and figured that it would be cheaper to go to the local 4WD place and order through them. Well of course this is when Covid was in full force and they warned it may take a bit longer than normal. Ok, no problem, I wasn't in a huge hurry. Well, almost 4 months later, I ended up canceling the order. First time I called, they called the manufacturer and got "he was having trouble getting metal" excuse. ( must get it from the same place they make coins at? LOL). Then the next thing was, "oh, I'm going to ship it out on Monday". The following Friday came, still nothing. I cancelled. I then went to Extremeterrain and ordered one that I really didn't totally like the design, but I wanted something so I ordered it. 3 days later it was at my door. :D

Here is the one I wanted made by American Outlaw,

GK001.jpg

I liked it because it was an easy flip over and use, flip back to put away. Just couldn't find it any where else, and wasn't feeling creative. LOL Although I did think about a entry door stopper, just didn't want to try to modify it to work.

This is what I ended up with.

5D88E491-91E1-4B5D-A9BB-F8DF0ECB705A.jpeg
3E4F8472-8DD7-4BE9-B713-95B66416166F.jpeg

I used normal metal screws to attach it, figured if I just didn't like it, I wouldn't have huge holes in the tailgate. LOL If I do end up liking it ok, I may go ahead and use the bolts in inserts they sent with it. I did screw up on the install, but just needed a little hammer tapping on the tub to make it work. LOL I didn't want to have to re-drill the holes. When I was figuring out where it should go, I put the stopper all the way out to touch the hinge then put my marks for where to drill the holes. Got it all mounted, then put the bar back in, and that is when I noticed my mistake. LOL I didn't think about it closing and hitting the tub. I should have made it so the bar was actually passed the rubber seal in the tailgate. Oh well, again, just a couple taps on the tub area and it clears by it's chinny chin chin. LOL

C3473840-9582-4E09-A644-19A2D2818E22.jpeg

Now I will be able to load and unload my groceries without having to try to hold the tailgate open. :D

Had great reviews, I liked the looks, price was right. I was either going to go with or the KM3s but I liked these a bit more. Plus they have red letters! LOL
I run the ATx, love them!! My neighbor works for continental and got me a discount, all 5 shipped for 525, another 100 to mount and balance and I was set. Ride great, solid traction, not too loud, 50k treadlife warranty....whats not to love. Got 25k on em and they still look brand new