What did you do to your TJ today?

Classic mag lite!! Made about 2 miles from me.
I've had a ton of flashlites in my time, Maglites seem to be the only ones that hold up. I have four of them, including one that I've had for almost 40 years. Its been back to the factory to replace the rubber dohickie on the switch once. Two of them were LED equipped as purchased, the other two I installed aftermarket LED bulbs into. About the only thing that annoys me about a Maglite is that they're completely round - its hard to set one down on its side to illuminate something and not have it roll. But like I said in another thread, I'll take durability over all other considerations.

I've had a ton of flashlites in my time, Maglites seem to be the only ones that hold up. I have four of them, including one that I've had for almost 40 years. Its been back to the factory to replace the rubber dohickie on the switch once. Two of them were LED equipped as purchased, the other two I installed aftermarket LED bulbs into. About the only thing that annoys me about a Maglite is that they're completely round - its hard to set one down on its side to illuminate something and not have it roll. But like I said in another thread, I'll take durability over all other considerations.
I mounted mine on the driver seat frame along the door side. Nice and out of the way.

PXL_20210122_131949247 (1).jpg

I mounted mine on the driver seat frame along the door side. Nice and out of the way.

View attachment 292105
I tried. I tried VERY hard to figure out a way to make this work with the fold and tumble seat. It would have involved a shit ton of fabrication and would have been sub-optimal with my capabilities. That's really where the damn thing belongs!

I agree. They should have a flat spot somewhere so it won't roll away.

I tried. I tried VERY hard to figure out a way to make this work with the fold and tumble seat. It would have involved a shit ton of fabrication and would have been sub-optimal with my capabilities. That's really where the damn thing belongs!
Same light, same issue with mounting. Yet to find a good spot in the TJ.

I had the same light (that someone stole from my prior rig) and added a PVC fitting (Like This) to the end cap. I cut the threaded section off, and painted it black to match the mag light. The six point built into it stopped the light from rolling...

Last edited:
That is for the D cell flashlights, but they make them for the mini-mags too.
That is really neat. It reminded me that back in the day, I had to take a class to be certified on how to properly use a Maglite as a weapon. It was a whole lot easier to carry than a PR-24. I'm glad to say though that in 25 years of service, I never had to use it as such.

Last edited:
I don't know if it is because I'm old now or because I was young long ago, but LED headlights seem to be hard on my eyes. I did a Hella H4 upgrade a few years ago, but the cheap eBay harness I bought then has recently started shorting out. I purchased the Toyota Koito conversion kit mainly for the harness, but installed the lights as well. I am very pleased with the look and function.

lightsnew.jpg

I don't know if it is because I'm old now or because I was young long ago, but LED headlights seem to be hard on my eyes. I did a Hella H4 upgrade a few years ago, but the cheap eBay harness I bought then has recently started shorting out. I purchased the Toyota Koito conversion kit mainly for the harness, but installed the lights as well. I am very pleased with the look and function.

View attachment 292195
LED headlights on TJs never looked right to me. I swapped over to KC Highlite halogens and have been pleased with the output over the stock bulbs. Combined with my oem fogs (which I call my deer finders), my night drives are plenty bright.

Swapped one of the front tires with the spare in an attempt to figure out which tire is outta balance. I'll drive it to class tonite and see if its better or not...
Its better. Not 100%, but far better. The other front is probably outta balance too - and they both were balanced about 3K miles ago!