What did you do to your TJ today?

Its better. Not 100%, but far better. The other front is probably outta balance too - and they both were balanced about 3K miles ago!
Man, what tires are you running? I've got about 30k on my KO2s and I honestly can't recall the last time I needed them to be balanced.

Anyone try to order anything from genright this week? Their social media post says call to get the special thanksgiving week pricing, so i called for aluminum high line fenders for the LJ. The sales rep that answered said they were unaware of any sale or what was posted.

• Sad
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Anyone try to order anything from genright this week? Their social media post says call to get the special thanksgiving week pricing, so i called for aluminum high line fenders for the LJ. The sales rep that answered said they were unaware of any sale or what was posted.
lmaoo not surprised jeff doesn’t know. guy won’t let me pick up a possible $2k order and wants to force feed me an outrageous shipping charge when i live 20 mins away..

classy that they throw shade at people when they don’t even know their own shit..

B7A0F1D1-365E-4BC7-A4EA-582F1217548C.jpeg

Funny part was they deleted my comment i left about their sales department not knowing about any sales or what was posted online. It was above where you screenshotted.

• Haha
Reactions: Ocho
Funny part was they deleted my comment i left about their sales department not knowing about any sales or what was posted online. It was above where you screenshotted. They could have just responded with an answer instead of hiding it like its a bait and switch smh

I don't know if it is because I'm old now or because I was young long ago, but LED headlights seem to be hard on my eyes. I did a Hella H4 upgrade a few years ago, but the cheap eBay harness I bought then has recently started shorting out. I purchased the Toyota Koito conversion kit mainly for the harness, but installed the lights as well. I am very pleased with the look and function.

View attachment 292195
Yeah i love my H4's too....I cant bring myself to put LED's on a TJ. :unsure:

Made a combustion leak check today (exhaust gases in coolant).
Bought this thing from Amazon for 36$.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VVBSFTF/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Opened the radiator cap. Drained the fluid from the radiator slightly (like 3 inches in radiator) using the drain valve on bottom passenger side of the radiator.
Then started the rig, brought it to 210F, and run it there for 5 minutes. Verified the thermostat was opened, and fluid ran through the radiator.
Then used the leak tester, pumped it for like couple of minutes, the fluid stayed as blue as ocean.
Was happy to know that my head gasket is fine, and that it does not leak at all.

LED headlights on TJs never looked right to me. I swapped over to KC Highlite halogens and have been pleased with the output over the stock bulbs. Combined with my oem fogs (which I call my deer finders), my night drives are plenty bright.

Yeah i love my H4's too....I cant bring myself to put LED's on a TJ. :unsure:

I had a REALLY cheap set of LEDs from the PO that I replaced with a set of Trucklite knockoffs (for sale if anyone wants them). I liked the temperature and brightness but despised the pattern, so I replaced them with the Koito kit and Hella H4 80/100s. The pattern is far better and the look is period correct.

Installing a set of Hella 500FF H3s today as a supplement.

Made a combustion leak check today (exhaust gases in coolant).
Bought this thing from Amazon for 36$.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06VVBSFTF/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Opened the radiator cap. Drained the fluid from the radiator slightly (like 3 inches in radiator) using the drain valve on bottom passenger side of the radiator.
Then started the rig, brought it to 210F, and run it there for 5 minutes. Verified the thermostat was opened, and fluid ran through the radiator.
Then used the leak tester, pumped it for like couple of minutes, the fluid stayed as blue as ocean.
Was happy to know that my head gasket is fine, and that it does not leak at all.
Great tool - they rent it for free at autozone and $8 for the fluid

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
I finally had some time to swing by the tire shop down the street, the TJ went from looking like this:

IMG_4201.JPG

To this:

IMG_4204.JPG

I really like the look and the AT tires are so much nicer to drive than the set of MTs that was on it. I'm really happy with the way the 235/75/15 sized Grabber and Pro Comp wheels looks on the jeep.

I finally had some time to swing by the tire shop down the street, the TJ went from looking like this:

View attachment 292390

To this:

View attachment 292391

I really like the look and the AT tires are so much nicer to drive than the set of MTs that was on it. I'm really happy with the way the 235/75/15 sized Grabber and Pro Comp wheels looks on the jeep.

Oh ! I may want those other rims.

Started ordering parts for the axles swap and stretch.

Barnes 14 Bolts Truss
Barnes 14 Bolt Pinon Guard and Bridge
Motobilt Dana 60 Diff Cover
Motobilt 14 Bolt Shave Cover (13 Bolt)

Would have grabbed more parts but I waited too long and stuff sold out.

Next is front truss and gears / lockers / master kits for both ends.

After that, all new brakes, u joints, maybe ball joints and some paint.

Building the axles over the winter. Big rebuild starts next fall.