What did you do to your TJ today?

I went to respool my winch cable on Sunday and noticed a pretty bad fray in the stock steel cable. I had been wanting to upgrade to a synthetic line for a bit, but this fast tracked it to the front of the line for immediate replacement.

I’m just happy it’s something I discovered in the driveway and not on the trail.

The winch seems to be holding up well enough for now. It was on the Jeep when I got it, but it gets the job done.

Tactical Recovery Equipment 20,000 lb 75 foot line with Safety Thimble and Hause fairlead.

B2A8EC7F-E420-4F84-9004-6DA1B1BBDD53.jpeg

I went to respool my winch cable on Sunday and noticed a pretty bad fray in the stock steel cable. I had been wanting to upgrade to a synthetic line for a bit, but this fast tracked it to the front of the line for immediate replacement.

I’m just happy it’s something I discovered in the driveway and not on the trail.

The winch seems to be holding up well enough for now. It was on the Jeep when I got it, but it gets the job done.

Tactical Recovery Equipment 20,000 lb 75 foot line with Safety Thimble and Hause fairlead.

View attachment 293694
If only you had gotten it in Yellow!!!!!!

Took the plunge. Swapped in my buddy's axles. Dana 44 rear, D20 front. 4.56 gears. Auburn LSD in the rear, Detroit Trutrac up front. Needless to say, I'm in very happy so far. At an indicated 60mph, which I couldn't even do before, I'm now doing it in 5th @ 2500. Can't wait to try it off road. Sorry I didn't get a lot of pics.
PXL_20211128_143218597.jpg
PXL_20211128_164736288.jpg
PXL_20211128_174553387.jpg
PXL_20211128_182339225.jpg
PXL_20211128_182350852.jpg

Your newspaper carrier leaves newspapers in your mailbox? I thought that was illegal?
No... they just knew to look there when holiday time came around.

The mailman was cool to take just what had his name on it, but at some point some civilian figured it out and poached all the mailboxes in the neighborhood (equally illegal). That was a life changing experience for our community.

We have curbside mailboxes in our hamlet. We were trusting for many years and then some a-hole ruined it for everyone. I don't get the paper delivered anymore. Not because of this... but just need to contribute to killing all the trees when I can simply inconvenience some electrons and get the news digitally.

My grandma delivered newspapers for a little over 57 years in rural Kentucky. It was a blast getting to ride with her when I was a kid. I remember back at that time people left money in envelopes in the newspaper box all the time. Every time I went there were many many people who would hollar at her to stop and want to come out and talk. We’d spend and hour or two every evening just talking to people. LOL. Those were good times. She passed away in 2009.

https://www.dailyindependent.com/ne...cle_3c61789f-61fa-5602-bb38-de401cd843e3.html