What did you do to your TJ today?

I dumped the clunky OEM transfer linkage and installed a Savvy transfer cable shifter.

IMG_9953.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

Thanks for the tip. I was thinking about ordering the wraps. I thought I would give it a go with just the heat shield to see if that solved the issue first, but the wraps are only about $28 on Amazon. Guess it couldn't hurt to wrap the injectors, especially #3. Would also give me an excuse to do something else on the jeep versus the list from my wife :)

Which insulator did you get?

Genuine Chrysler 53013669AA Exhaust Manifold Shield​

It was from Amazon...$28.59

Obviously you can get a whole kit from Design Engineering that includes the heat shield, insulator wraps and fuel rail sleeve. To be honest, my wife's 02, 4.0 only has the heat shield and it has never experienced the heat soak issue, so I just went with the OEM shield and not the entire kit for my 97.

My TJ was having a hard time going into gear, and floppy. So after much reading on here I ordered an Anchor brand transmission mount from Advanced. They delivered it to my house in an hour. I took the old one out, and it was in two pieces, and that got me very exited because I knew I was on to something. Well now I have a brand new feel, and it goes into gear perfect. Very happy now because my daughter who I am building this for maybe will learn how to drive a stick a little better. So far it's not going well.

That actually looks about like my phone - a ruggedized Samsung.

I had to call our cell provider today because my wife's smartphone wasn't able to do MMS texts. We got it fixed, but what a pain in the ass. Thing is just too damn small to type on, the config screen barfed not once but twice and I had to start over. Horrid design...
Oh no! Time to get a modern day smartphone 🤗

• Haha
Reactions: Fonz54