What did you do to your TJ today?

Found out the Eaton e-locker I ordered for my Super 35 evil plans is backordered 8 to 12 weeks.

Edited video from this weekend.

Found a replacement heater knob...good thing about volunteering for trash pickups in the woods... your pick of parts.

IMG_20220117_204205688.jpg

Learned that as of Jan 1 2022, my 97 TJ is exempt from emissions testing (expected that to happen next year, wasn't sure how they did the official counting/numbering). Drove it to the inspection place with wires hanging everywhere, passed with flying colors. This was the first time I drove it since all that wiring work I did underneath & behind the dash.

i am teh renaissance man.

Pulled my 1" seat risers out in hopes of making it easier for my wife to get in. Feels a little weird sitting 1" lower but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

removed the receiver hitch it came with, that I've never used. Three bolts came out easy, one had to be cut off. Had a close call with metal going around my glasses into my eye. Fortunately it didn't embed in my eyeball so I got it out, and finished the grinding work with my welding mask.

Finished up the third corner, rear passenger, frame restoration. If anyone is wondering what it takes, this is approximately 8 hours of work. The bulk of the time is spent on disassembly, removing years worth of dirt, grease and rust, then the easy part is painting and reassembling.

20211230_140357-jpg.jpg

20211231_155644-jpg.jpg

20211230_134729-jpg.jpg

20211231_155619-jpg.jpg

Is this your first time using centramatics? I've seen a few talk about them and I'm wondering how well they work and if they are worth it. Considering getting a set.
Yeah, first try. Only heard of them through this forum and I can resist anything but temptation when it comes to the 'latest and greatest' for the LJ. I figured with all new shocks, tires/wheels that balanced nicely, etc. and no shakes or wobbles there was no better time than now. Planning to rotate all 5 tires when I get the correct pattern for a 4x4x5 and see how the tire wear goes.
I like that if I toss a weight on the trail the Centramatics will theoretically offset the changed balance.
Long term review will definitely take awhile.. actually I haven't even done a test drive yet..lol.

Yeah, first try. Only heard of them through this forum and I can resist anything but temptation when it comes to the 'latest and greatest' for the LJ. I figured with all new shocks, tires/wheels that balanced nicely, etc. and no shakes or wobbles there was no better time than now. Planning to rotate all 5 tires when I get the correct pattern for a 4x4x5 and see how the tire wear goes.
I like that if I toss a weight on the trail the Centramatics will theoretically offset the changed balance.
Long term review will definitely take awhile.. actually I haven't even done a test drive yet..lol.

They have been run millions and millions of miles on big rigs. Like you though, I didn't know they had been made for our Jeeps till reading it here. They are on my To-Do list.

Looking forward to hearing more about them. 👍🏼

They have been run millions and millions of miles on big rigs. Like you though, I didn't know they had been made for our Jeeps till reading it here. They are on my To-Do list.
Yeah, my buddy was here the other night helping me with flares and I showed them to him. He's a big rig mechanic so knew all about that application and was a bit surprised to see me with them for the LJ.
Gotta say, they're the easiest 'mod' I've ever done.

Found out the Eaton e-locker I ordered for my Super 35 evil plans is backordered 8 to 12 weeks.

Edited video from this weekend.

Found a replacement heater knob...good thing about volunteering for trash pickups in the woods... your pick of parts.

View attachment 303461
So do you slowly cook for 20 mins then turn over and do the other side lol

Pulled my 1" seat risers out in hopes of making it easier for my wife to get in. Feels a little weird sitting 1" lower but I'm sure I'll get used to it.
Ive been about 4 inches lower my whole life....Im slowly getting used to that ;)