What did you do to your TJ today?

Installed DE heat shield to help with a reoccurring vapor lock, while I had the injectors out I ran them with a DIY injector cleaning set up .

06811CAA-0CC8-4EB4-B6C5-553A4EE5E54C.jpeg

93C5A1A6-FDE6-4F95-802F-6F2A48D35647.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_5476.MOV
    39 MB
Added some cheap storage bags from amazon. My brother has had them in his jk for a number of years and they have held up great. Ton of space, and fit the tj "ok". I have a 30' kinetic rope and soft shackles inside one of them, the other has spare jeep parts. Cleaned up the floor area and I got rid of other bags. We will see how they hold up, specifically the zippers. So far I like them

View attachment 304147

View attachment 304148
Kids got me these for Father's Day last summer, and I run with just the driver side under my soft top. Couldn't get past the mental block of having the passenger one blocking off my vision when I glance back to that blind spot.

I was worried they would flop around unless filled, but even mostly empty they stay pretty much in place thanks to the straps.

Drove it to work, then to the grocery store. While in there, I must have forgot that I drove it and thought I drove the PT. LOL Had to put stuff in the front seat. :D

View attachment 305601View attachment 305600
I did that once. Went in to cash my paycheck. Decided to pick up a couple things for dinner. Said heck with it, and did a weeks worth of shopping. Forgot I was on my motorcycle.

I did that once. Went in to cash my paycheck. Decided to pick up a couple things for dinner. Said heck with it, and did a weeks worth of shopping. Forgot I was on my motorcycle.

Some on this site would say you were overloaded.

Next step in the bumper project:

DSC00689.JPG

Mounted the actual bumper part to yesterday's mounts using MASSIVE 1/4" bolts and nuts. 1/4" is much better than 1/2" since 4 is larger than 2, right? ;) (Its just temporary until its welded.) Next step is to design/fab the straps on the bottom. It'll be at least until Monday before I touch it again - I have a circle-jerk of a dance performance to deal with tomorrow, and I'm not even dancing! Sunday we're off to a nearby town with the granddaughter, blah, blah, blah...

Oh, anybody want a somewhat tweaked stock bumper? I'm transferring the pintle hook (and the rear fog lite) to the new one, but just in case somebody wants the bumper...

I'll leave the sticker on it!

DSC00686.JPG

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
rolled over 200 k tonight on the way home. knew it was coming up soon... seen a mileage sign on the highway to x,y & z next towns and looked down and realized I was at 200k exact. fumbled for my phone off the passenger seat and got a great photo :ROFLMAO: as I clicked the capture button I noticed it was counting down the hold steady notification due and it happened to roll 200,001 as it was attempting to capture the image in low light.
A9E87313-3A52-4509-84AD-AD7D690EC0CC.jpeg

Last edited:
Next step in the bumper project:

View attachment 305623

Mounted the actual bumper part to yesterday's mounts using MASSIVE 1/4" bolts and nuts. 1/4" is much better than 1/2" since 4 is larger than 2, right? ;) (Its just temporary until its welded.) Next step is to design/fab the straps on the bottom. It'll be at least until Monday before I touch it again - I have a circle-jerk of a dance performance to deal with tomorrow, and I'm not even dancing! Sunday we're off to a nearby town with the granddaughter, blah, blah, blah...
I can’t remember, is that bumper solid steel or hollow rectangle?

I’d imagine solid would be heavy as …