What did you do to your TJ today?

Had the Covid thing so had to stay at home for 10 days.... so fixed up my bumper. I had put Plasti-dip on it as a 'temporary' thing about 5 years ago :ROFLMAO: so it was time to peel it off and paint it with CRC zinc black.
IMG_1528.jpg
IMG_1531.jpg
IMG_1557.jpg

LOVE THAT BUMPER! That's what a Jeep bumper is supposed to look like!
Thanks I love it too.... I was lucky enough to have this on it when I bought it 9.5 years ago..... have not seen anther one like it (online or on the roads out here)

Reactions: John Cooper
Made it to a blistering 52 degrees today. Seen one jeep doorless in town earlier so I figured I’d parade around too on the way to and back from picking up my trucks repaired tire at the tire shop 👍 just started feeling better this morning from a shitty cold all week so hopefully I didn’t f myself from a few short minutes of fun.
5A937F01-CE4A-4381-A027-7C396BDDE42A.jpeg

I got started on spring maintenance on the jeeps today. Started off by finishing up rebuilding the carb for the 3B and then changed out the u-joints in the TJ. Also did a quick oil change and air filter change.

Also, my rear pinion seal is on it's way out, I guess that's next weekend's project.

IMG_4314.JPG

Last edited:
Chased around a blower motor issue only to realize it’s likely the core, repaired headlight wiring harness, and started the process of pulley/belt repair to kill a squealing. Looking like alternator but the idler was shot too. Ran out of daylight.

Air filter.

The old one had 100's of small shells in it, I can't even imagine what they are. The outside half of the air box had evidence of nest materials. No mice bones though. I knocked a bunch of shells out of the old filter yesterday, and collected a new filter this morning and installed it. See the picture...
I suspect the TJ was stored in a garage or barn, it had low mileage for the last owner for three years.
It also had a number of stinkbug carcass's in the cab/tub when I cleaned it out a few weeks ago. The carpet is in amazingly good shape.

I also obtained a couple of recovery hooks for under the front bumper on the frame.

As far as the welder, I collected the parts to replace the old welder outlet in the garage. The previous house owner used 00 gauge wire to the outlet, although it is aluminum. I bought copper today and a new breaker.
He had the welder outlet on the opposite side of the garage away from the breaker box. I'm putting the new one within 10 feet.

1646527400682.png