What did you do to your TJ today?

Tonight's project is rerunning all my brake lines. I got a prebent brake line kit from Classic Tube. Any suggestions or tips before I start?
I did that a couple of years ago. It was relatively simple, just take your time. IIRC the passenger side was a bit of a bitch to route through the front, but I also had to get creative due to rusted connections.

Oh, and consider putting on those one-person speed bleeders.

I did that a couple of years ago. It was relatively simple, just take your time. IIRC the passenger side was a bit of a bitch to route through the front, but I also had to get creative due to rusted connections.

Oh, and consider putting on those one-person speed bleeders.
The passenger side is the only one I'm worried about. I have the fenders off right now so I'm hoping that makes the whole process a lot easier. Thanks for the reply!

Tonight's project is rerunning all my brake lines. I got a prebent brake line kit from Classic Tube. Any suggestions or tips before I start?
Make sure you wear good eye protection and probably some gloves. Plenty of rags or towels. Be careful walking where brake fluid spills as it is slicker than snot on concrete (ask me how I know...). Use the right kind of wrench to tighten up the lines, called a flare nut wrench. I have had speed bleeders on for two years with no issues. Good luck!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Make sure you wear good eye protection and probably some gloves. Plenty of rags or towels. Be careful walking where brake fluid spills as it is slicker than snot on concrete (ask me how I know...). Use the right kind of wrench to tighten up the lines, called a flare nut wrench. I have had speed bleeders on for two years with no issues. Good luck!
Noted! Thanks for all the tips!

Pulled the rest of that nasty carpet out and now I need to vacuum it out and wipe it out real good. I'm going to get ACC to make my new carpet now that I picked the color that looks good with my Blue Denim seats. Their big new digs are just down the road from me and they are such nice people. Be nice to not smell like a wet dog and look like a homeless person lives in it. I still can't stop being amazed when I look under this Jeep , all the factory paint on the frame the axle housings , skid plates bottom of the tub. I don't think you could find a much better example of rust free ! It just had an oil change but I will take it to my lube guys and have all the fluids changed , lubed and everything inspected. Then I will know exactly where I'm at with it. For being so ratty looking inside and need of paint correction , it sure is a Gem everywhere else. I'm getting too old for anything but an easy restoration.
Cheers, Will Smith ......Yes that's my real name. Or you can just call me SAWB LOL !

YJBrian, I got the gas struts at NAPA. Don't have the part number handy, I just ordered over the counter. They were $100 for the pair.

YJBrian, I got the gas struts at NAPA. Don't have the part number handy, I just ordered over the counter. They were $100 for the pair.
Thanks for the info, should be easy to get ahold of. The $20 amazon set was wrong, but I may wait for fall to splurge on a $100 set. Soft top goes on any day now...

yesterday morning new walker stainless quiet muffler and walker stainless tail pipe. what a FU#^*ng nightmare. having to get to the cat muffler connection under the stupid skid plate.
4 hours to finish.

i hate working on cars now. used to love it...
Yep,did the same muffler when I did my t-t.after I eliminated my 3rd cat the flomaster got too loud for me.

It was snowing and I was bored, so I made a seat-back pocket. I had some left over fabric from my winter CJ2a top project, so I started measuring, marking and sewing. It took the better part of the day, but I was making a pattern and took copious notes in case I need another one. I think it turned out pretty good. It has room for all of the loose stuff rolling around in the Jeep such as pens, note paper, spare batteries, an MRE, and a thermos, amongst other stuff. I think I'll make one for the passenger seat for tools and repair items. The fabric is 18 oz/yd cotton duck in OD #7, the same as the old duffel bags. I made some dog harnesses as well and it wears great.
101_1924.JPG
101_1926.JPG
101_1927.JPG
101_1928.JPG

It was snowing and I was bored, so I made a seat-back pocket. I had some left over fabric from my winter CJ2a top project, so I started measuring, marking and sewing. It took the better part of the day, but I was making a pattern and took copious notes in case I need another one. I think it turned out pretty good. It has room for all of the loose stuff rolling around in the Jeep such as pens, note paper, spare batteries, an MRE, and a thermos, amongst other stuff. I think I'll make one for the passenger seat for tools and repair items. The fabric is 18 oz/yd cotton duck in OD #7, the same as the old duffel bags. I made some dog harnesses as well and it wears great.View attachment 321425View attachment 321426View attachment 321427View attachment 321428
Very nice work. 👍

Reactions: John Cooper