What did you do to your TJ today?

Put a defroster on my American Fastback aftermarket top...

IMG_20220504_175419862_HDR.jpg

Ordered cap, wires and plugs. Checking on tires again tomorrow and ordering wheels. Started to gather parts for rear axle rebuild. Picked up outer seals and ordered Timken bearings. Truetrac is on sale for 482.00 and I am thinking of jumping on that and Moly axles are on sale too.

Reactions: matkal
Ordered cap, wires and plugs. Checking on tires again tomorrow and ordering wheels. Started to gather parts for rear axle rebuild. Picked up outer seals and ordered Timken bearings. Truetrac is on sale for 482.00 and I am thinking of jumping on that and Moly axles are on sale too.
Why do you want a true trac?

I have a new in box truetrac for Dana 44 rear 3.92 and up gears 400.00

I ordered an intermediate shaft for my steering. I believe the U joints are going bad in the old one. I’ve replaced everything steering besides that last final part so just a wild guess the clunk in my steering is coming from there. Body mount bushings should be delivered today so then I need to get the rusted out channels for the main cab mounts cut out and new ones welded in. Definitely getting my money’s worth out of this little Lincoln welder

Why do you want a true trac?
Because I am setting my jeep up to drive on back roads and creek crossings and the street . They are a good LSD and work how and when I need them. Putting them front and back and I know how to drive them. They are quite , strong and long lasting , no plates to wear out and always there.

Reactions: Mudflat
Had my Jeep under a cover because I had no top on it working on new roll bar covers and we had some strong winds. I went out to tie it to the roll bar and before I could get it tied down it blew off , hit my wife's car and did 3,000.00 damage. If I ever bought another one of those again I would get 4 of those screw in dog things and some ski rope.

Had my Jeep under a cover because I had no top on it working on new roll bar covers and we had some strong winds. I went out to tie it to the roll bar and before I could get it tied down it blew off , hit my wife's car and did 3,000.00 damage. If I ever bought another one of those again I would get 4 of those screw in dog things and some ski rope.
Crap man, thats bad news, she will never forgive you neither in this Life or the next. You know, I do not even walk by her car, I go around the house through the grass and my car NEVER is parked near her closer than 25 feet. There is an old saying......... “ If you never walk near an airplane you will never be hit by a prop “. Time to trade that car for a new one, thats the only total way out !!!!!!!!!

Reactions: John Cooper
Dang it man!!!!!! Just bad luck all the way around!!!!!

First expensive "accessory" installed - paid for the license and plates... Now I can drive on road legally.

Working out the quote on regear, lockers, onboard air, and Sway-Locs - that is going to hurt. Hopefully tires will get installed tomorrow (they are mounted, but waiting on Amazon for some new lug nuts).