What did you do to your TJ today?

Been thinking about driving it to work but with gas at $4.25 it would cost me $28 a day😟 as opposed to $15 day in my car. Thanks Joe😡

I'm glad I work 6 miles from home. Of course that still means $4/day to drive the Jeep given the mpg. I need that air inlet swirly thing to get another couple mpg 😀 or change my air filter after Moab.

Installed some hardware on the trunk I'm building for my LJ. (It's blue for now because that's the only exterior paint my GF had laying around)

20220511_182754.jpg

20220511_182909.jpg

20220511_184334.jpg

20220511_184656.jpg

The 20oz Boat Carpet I ordered came in yesterday so hopefully I can get this thing wrapped up this weekend.

Nice… on my Tj I had to do a t-case drop with the suspension lift I put on… so if I did the mm I could eliminate the t-case drop?… or would I have to do adjust other things as well as the radiator and such?
Yeah that is the theory. As long as you don't have driveline vibration now, it should allow you to get rid of the t-case drop. Every rig is different of course so your mileage may vary, but the great majority of the time, the answer is yes. You would have to move the radiator fan shroud as well unless you put in a 1" - 1.25" body lift at the same time so the fan wasn't clipping the plastic.

Reactions: John Cooper
Baby steps. Took out my rear seat for the first time today. Now my jeep has that fresh new wet Lab smell. Lab is very happy he got to go for a swim. He has a bit of training to respect the front seat - might need to put up a net to keep him out of the driver's seat when I open gates.

This, I want to know more about! Sorry I am new to TJs so I don't recognize the common brands yet. Can we get some more detail on brand, how much tuck you got and what all was involved? or maybe you have a build thread I could read?
I used UCF skids, the trans skid is the high clearance, not the ultra high. Went with 1" aluminum motor mounts, 1-1/4 Savvy body lift and Savvy shift cable.
I already have adjustable control arms so adjusting was simple. I also bought the locker mount from UCF as I just assumed it would be needed, could have done without it, but is was only 30 bucks. I was doing a bunch of other stuff at the same time, so I never stopped to measure how much clearance I gained, I think about 2" as the PO had a T-case drop. Here is a pic before the tuck and after...
20220504_082457-COLLAGE.jpg

I used UCF skids, the trans skid is the high clearance, not the ultra high. Went with 1" aluminum motor mounts, 1-1/4 Savvy body lift and Savvy shift cable.
I already have adjustable control arms so adjusting was simple. I also bought the locker mount from UCF as I just assumed it would be needed, could have done without it, but is was only 30 bucks. I was doing a bunch of other stuff at the same time, so I never stopped to measure how much clearance I gained, I think about 2" as the PO had a T-case drop. Here is a pic before the tuck and after...
View attachment 330236
Here is a better before pic of the tcase
PXL_20220128_190924370.jpg

Reactions: CV04TJR and RINC
View attachment 330236

Those rims in the before pic are Sweet !