What did you do to your TJ today?

Drove it. It was great. Haven't been able to drive it since fall of last year. Really bad death wobble after installing a lift. Wasn't able to get to it before winter. This week I was able to do an alignment, retorqued all the suspension bolts (learned this winter my torque wrench was broken), replaced the frozen alternator, replaced the broken belt, swapped the half doors on, and picked the boys up from school today. They cheered. Today was a good day.

At 108k, replaced the spark plugs and finally the annoying driver door seal that would get stuck all the time.

Is it normal for the spark plugs that are coming out to be gapped and worn down at .080 and beyond 😳😳 possibly never been changed….
19A5CB5D-7CC5-4E6D-89C3-2B7A4E645DA8.jpeg
FC0BFCEB-4AA3-4B1C-914A-6FECAD0D7ED2.jpeg

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
These arrived just before it started raining buckets... really need to build a shop. 17.5 acres and my only excuse is building materials cost twice what they did... maybe I'll cut all my trees down to afford it and not have the place burn down in a wildfire.

Also...I thought these Rockhard sliders would add weight...but I suspect they are a tad bit lighter than these tube steps.

And frame butchery from the PO or some hack off-road shop. I see welding and a gusset plate in my future.

IMG_20220526_162427965.jpg
IMG_20220526_161510224_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220526_161500260_HDR.jpg

Well, I got five pages into this thread and decided to join the forum.

I became the proud owner of a 2001 Sahara yesterday. I am sure I paid too much, but, what 'cha gonna do!

Changed the oil today and greased the front end.

The check engine light came on. P0740. Be working on that and a few other things, as the old gal has a few miles. Seems solid, but it will be an ongoing affair.

Took my Jeep by auto zone on my way home from work to have them test my alternator since I'm lacking in tools. Alternator isn't the problem, so guess next step in my search for my battery draining while my Jeep is off is go check all the fuses while the Jeep is off, still thinking the aftermarket radio a previous owner put in might be the cause but TBH, I really haven't a clue.

I was off for the last 2 days and didn't go anywhere, went to start the Jeep this morning on my way to work and it almost didn't start up just felt like the battery was incredibly low.

After work it fired up perfectly fine. Also have to take the cowling off tomorrow to clear it out. I got in my Jeep today after days of rain and the front mats had water on them.

• Sad
Reactions: Kiwi TJ and RINC
The replacement PowerTrax No-slip arrived from "Warrior Woman" today. Better looking box than the one the first one came in, but it has the same problem the first one did - so now I'm suspecting their instruction book doesn't match the Dana 30 version of the product. Instructions say there's supposed to be 1 set of "slotted" parts, and 1 set of "unslotted" parts - what I have are 2 identical sets of "unslotted" parts. I'll call PowerTrax tomorrow and ask WTF? The slotted set is supposed to allow installation of the 2nd C-clip...

Last edited:
Reactions: Blondie70
Gotta link?
Ebay Link
Third tail light will look good with the 4" smoke tail lights I am putting on. Just got the license plate light in today but these got sent to the wrong post office so they say .... I am going to check on them on the morning. All the lights will have the smoke look , just looks stealth to me, I guess I just like the look.

1653619031776.png

Last edited:
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
ok, I gota ask, why all the hate for high lift jacks? I have used mine to help a Toyota put his axle back in place on the trail, pulled some overgrown Juniper bushes out from around the house, even built an attachment to bump up to a tire and hook chain into. You have to be careful with them, but they give some great leverage.
They are a very useful tool, but if used improper can be dangerous…think I said, that I do need to find a place for it as I agree better to have and not need than the to not have and need!

Removed poor fitting Quadratop and installed a BestTop Replace a Top. Fits great. Bestop from now on lesson learned.
What quadratop did you have? I installed their replacement soft top (over stock frame mechanism) about 5 years ago and have had good luck with it, but if quality has went down hill, good to know.

Reactions: Blondie70
They are a very useful tool, but if used improper can be dangerous…think I said, that I do need to find a place for it as I agree better to have and not need than the to not have and need!
Just like any tool, understand its function, understand how to use it, and most importantly ,maintain the tool. Failure in these rules and you just might shoot your face off.

Reactions: Brian.souhan
What quadratop did you have? I installed their replacement soft top (over stock frame mechanism) about 5 years ago and have had good luck with it, but if quality has went down hill, good to know.
Quadratop Premium Replacement Top in Black Sailcloth. It fits poorly at the front corners, and one of the rear quarter windows was missing Velcro.

After going over my hardtop with magic erasers last weekend, I got around to polishing it up last night using Maguiars #50 Cleaner Wax.
Hoping it’ll give it some UV protection.
Still can’t believe how much better it looks and sooo much less work than painting!

(Final result - after magic eraser and cleaner wax)
BBDFD28F-0134-4C6D-97DA-8E61976BB90D.jpeg

(Half magic eraser, half nothing)
B260E078-1267-48B3-93C9-2C7E1AEEE0AD.jpeg

Took my Jeep by auto zone on my way home from work to have them test my alternator since I'm lacking in tools. Alternator isn't the problem, so guess next step in my search for my battery draining while my Jeep is off is go check all the fuses while the Jeep is off, still thinking the aftermarket radio a previous owner put in might be the cause but TBH, I really haven't a clue.

I was off for the last 2 days and didn't go anywhere, went to start the Jeep this morning on my way to work and it almost didn't start up just felt like the battery was incredibly low.

After work it fired up perfectly fine. Also have to take the cowling off tomorrow to clear it out. I got in my Jeep today after days of rain and the front mats had water on them.

My battery issue was the key and tumbler being worn. I could pull my key out with the tumbler in the wrong position. Pull your key out and try turning on your wipers. If they move, put the key back in and rotate it back and forth a little until they stop.

I had a new key made to get sharp edges and bought a replacement tumbler and swapped out the internals to match the original key. Now the key won't pull out unless it's in the off position.

Last edited: