What did you do to your TJ today?

Started putting the carpet in , having trouble getting that one bolt on the drivers seat, broke the torx bit . One X^#@ bolt keeping me from finishing my interior. Fricken Fracken Fruckin Fudge ! And a Just Dang ! 🤣 🤣

It’s a T50… if that helps

Wired up this power pod with a cigarette lighter for the 12v fridge that occasional lives in the back of the Jeep...a switch for the two little pod lights I hung from the rear shoulder harness bolts so I have good task lighting for finding recovery gear and field chainsaw repairs...and a third spot for USB charging plugs...think I finally found a dual QC and regular USB...QC does 9v and force feeds my phone...but I want regular 5v so I don't cook my GoPro or battery bank.

Not a big fan of using wood but it was the path of least resistance. Really need to get a TIG welder and start playing with Aluminum. Want drawers and an organization rack...too bad Tuffy doesn't make theirs in Aluminum.

All good things to do while it rained.

Was happy the fridge we bought draws less than 3 amps and holds a steady 38 degrees. Didn't even touch the Odessey battery capacity running it overnight.

Also took out the center dash and finished wiring up the rear defroster to my relay and tested everything with a laser thermometer and clamping ammeter.

-Mac

View attachment 334872

What did you use to house the electronics? I want to do the same and bought the plate with switches but can't find a housing for it.

Not today, it has been a very long work week, but last Monday, Memorial Day, we did the parade with the Jeep Club. It was a Great! day. Weather was good, people were awesome, handed out lots of American flags to kids along the route.

mdp22.JPG

It’s a T50… if that helps

Yeah I broke my 1/2" drive Torx trying to brake it loose. Going to soak it with blaster again tomorrow and see if I can remove the seat from the frame to get to it with an impact like I did the passenger seat that tumbled out of the way . I got an impact on it and it broke loose and came out. I broke the Torx with a ratchet and a 18" wench trick. Pulling as hard as I could with the 1/2" drive ratchet I couldn't brake it loose so I locked a long wrench in the handle pulled on it and snap. Thought I snapped the bolt but no I broke the Torx bit.

Saturday I went to Southington Off Road park in Garretsville, OH with my 18 year old son and one of his buds who's never been wheeling. Smallish crowd - gas $ & grad parties? Perfect day. 75° and sunny. My son has his permit, so I let him do the bulk of the driving...except the Wall Crawl, that's mine!! Only a couple pics, but a great day in my head
20220604_123816.jpg

20220604_132625.jpg

I found out it was a rental!!!
20220604_165001.jpg

The black one made it...rear steer and a better line?
20220604_135913.jpg

Yeah I broke my 1/2" drive Torx trying to brake it loose. Going to soak it with blaster again tomorrow and see if I can remove the seat from the frame to get to it with an impact like I did the passenger seat that tumbled out of the way . I got an impact on it and it broke loose and came out. I broke the Torx with a ratchet and a 18" wench trick. Pulling as hard as I could with the 1/2" drive ratchet I couldn't brake it loose so I locked a long wrench in the handle pulled on it and snap. Thought I snapped the bolt but no I broke the Torx bit.

So did your brakes break? ;)

Tcase fluid change and 3rd attempt to stop my Speedo gear from leaking. Finally got smart and clocked the current position so I don’t have to rotate it.

Applying a thin layer of grease on the o ring will reduce the possibility of nicking, stretching, or rolling the o ring when installing or rotating the speedo housing.