What did you do to your TJ today?

Finally got the top insulated... I'll try and find the carpeting for it tomorrow...

IMG_3637.jpg

IMG_3736.jpg

New control arm installed after work. easy peasy, no fighting.
bracket was bent off the bushing further than I had originally thought it was.
View attachment 335815

I’m surprised at how much quieter and more solid my Jeep rides after installing the adjustable uppers on the front and rear. Definitely more heavy duty too.

Installed new JVC stereo and Polk speakers in the factory sound bar. Can finally hear my tunes.

How do you like your Polks? Do you know which model? I installed some Kickers with a new JVC but I'm not crazy about the sound. All highs and gets crackly over volume 25. They don't sound terrible to that point. Just not a very full sound.

Let us know how you carpet it. Are there kits out there or are you buying from ACC to cut and mold yourself?

Most likely it'll be either industrial or marine grade carpet for the hard top liner. My one and only experience with ACC was not good at all - completely mis-sized floor carpeting that was a bear to return; luckily I kept the boxes they came in.

Ya I was just thinking flat would be closer to the factory paint on the step arms as I didn’t really want to prep and paint all the arms but do want them matching.

Krylon Rust Tough Semi Flat Black is a perfect match for original frame color and sheen. It also dries much faster than Rustoleum.

You're being so shy on here. You must have an actual job.🇺🇸;)
p.s. It's so much easier to paint the frame when you purposely roll your Jeep, just to reach the little creases. Show Off!

I have two eyes to read, two ears to hear and one mouth to speak (or keyboard to type). As the old adage goes: It is better to be silent and be thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.