What did you do to your TJ today?

@MikekiM when we left for the trip it wasn't supposed to start raining until Sunday mid day and temps were in the high 80s Fri and Sat. I thought we could make it out before the rain but no luck.
3 year old. She rode about an hr under the cover. Haha. She loves it though. Car seat in the front seat is only for wheeling purposes. She was bummed we didn't hit any of the winchhills. Hahaha
View attachment 337606

Aftermath of the drive out in the rain

View attachment 337607
How much for the little girl?!?! (John Belushi, Saturday Night Live)

Cute Kid. Love the hat.

Found this in my trans pan. Probably the cause of my recent shifting issues, but I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so who knows. Ordered a rebuild kit from Oregon Performance Transmission. Today we embark on the dark art of automatic transmission rebuilding.

49C99183-DE0F-4CCF-943C-00405E656A52.jpeg

Found this in my trans pan. Probably the cause of my recent shifting issues, but I didn't stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so who knows. Ordered a rebuild kit from Oregon Performance Transmission. Today we embark on the dark art of automatic transmission rebuilding.

View attachment 337659

Looks like angry things happened in there.
I've found the ATSG manuals to be very helpful with autos that I'm not familiar with.
Have fun with the rebuild, they're not as bad as folks think.

• Love
Reactions: hear
I can do lots of things, but my patience with decals isn’t one of them. Replaced the cracked beat to hell hood decal with a fresh one. Local Graphics guy only charged me $40 to remove the old one and out this on. Should add about 5 more mpg to the good as well as 200 HP 😂 I also gave the inside a good clean out and gave her a bath, too bad you can’t tell 😂

766B04F3-950A-4863-B2E6-C80E2A8E4B92.jpeg

Old New
60ACE1D5-126C-46F5-97BC-969C2BCAE578.jpeg

465B88C9-E482-4CF1-AA37-D0BA517A9074.jpeg

Last edited:
Got a little ahead of myself last night and though I was swapping out to the soft top. Turns out I am missing the 4 screws that hold the bows and the rear cross bar is pretty beat up. So ordered up a bow hardware kit and a new rear cross bar that should get here by next Thursday. So today I am running around topless 😁
20220617_122449.jpg

Hard top has to go back on tonight for tomorrows run. Weatherman was bragging about 70+ sunny weather this weekend and changed his mind. Now 63* and 40% chance of rain. 😡 I am ready for some Spring. If folks can do "rain dances" this is my "sun dance".

I've been driving rabbits around. I've caught 5, and thinned out 4 more. My wife didn't like me picking them off out of the back window. And trapping does work 24x7. They are everywhere this year, eating everything.

761694cc-5df3-4b6b-9f28-c28d59d7b8ef.jpg

I found two little ones last night mowing. They are next.

80bcadb8-edb1-4c9d-a282-4e55f87954cd.jpg

I can do lots of things, but my patience with decals isn’t one of them. Replaced the cracked beat to hell hood decal with a fresh one. Local Graphics guy only charged me $40 to remove the old one and out this on. Should add about 5 more mpg to the good as well as 200 HP 😂 I also gave the inside a good clean out and gave her a bath, too bad you can’t tell 😂

View attachment 337671
Old New
View attachment 337714

View attachment 337715

Looks much better. $40 is very reasonable. I put mine on when there were 25 mph winds. It came out great, but I would have gladly paid $40 to not get pissed off for 20 minutes. 😬

Installed a new cat on my exhaust. Found a cheap one with decent reviews so I figured what the hell. I’m hoping it might help my 2.5 run a little smoother than a gutted one. The O2 sensors have been changed but still get a little sputter about a minute after starting my Jeep and after a couple minutes it runs and idles fine. Even after the engine has been running and I shut it off, if I start it back up it will do the same shit and then runs fine after a couple revs of the throttle.

CA0CFABB-5B83-453F-A864-17613F203171.jpeg

6BEF3BB5-C641-4299-A684-95F0302C9B76.jpeg

Looks like angry things happened in there.
I've found the ATSG manuals to be very helpful with autos that I'm not familiar with.
Have fun with the rebuild, they're not as bad as folks think.

Yup, manual is coming with the rebuild kit, although I don't expect it to be too different from the FSM disassembly process.

View attachment 337671
Old New
View attachment 337714

View attachment 337715

You know one of the smartest places we come to is when we know when to let someone else do it - There are some things in this world that are simply done better by people that do them all the time- The guys that work with that stuff are really skilled- How many of us have spent more money replacing what we messed up than it would’ve cost to have paid someone?

Last edited:
You know one of the smartest places we come to is when we know when to let someone else do it - There are some things in this world that are simply done better by people that do them all the time- The guys that work with that stuff are really skilled- How many of us have spent more money replacing what we messed up that it would’ve cost to have paid someone?

Exactly!! I have some buddies with JK’s and JL’s that have all sorts of graphics on theirs, so it made for an easy referral. I would have been three decals deep to get it right!

Reactions: MountaineerTom
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Reactions: 97JadeTJ
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.