What did you do to your TJ today?

No….further south… It’s just south of Piha beach and the keyhole…have you been here before???

Yes, been in Kiwi land, but not in this particular area. It was about 20 years ago and miss it a lot. Had a wonderful time there and didn't want to go home..........

Three weeks in August on the north island starting in Pauanui (visited a friend there), did a few 4wheeling trips in this Toyota Landcruiser, and a round trip from Pauanui - Rotorua - Napier - Lake Taupo - Auckland - 90-Mile-Beach - Cape Reinga, and back to Pauanui. Some nights were really cold..........

So much more to see and explore there, but had to limit it to these places. Always wanted to come back, but no luck so far.......

Last edited:
Broke out the plasma cutter... Makes short work of bracket removal👍

PXL_20220703_172949075.jpg

PXL_20220703_153401310.jpg

pulled the mopar starter motor and stripped all the parts for a degrease, clean and relube. entire inside was gritty and filthy & the brushes were hella gummy with oil residue and at the end of throw for their worn down length.

mainly wanted to crack it open to check the wear on the brushes and confirm what they looked like so I can order new brushes. snagged a set online for about $13 shipped today, so within about a week I can crack it open and replace the brushes with new.

Yes, been in Kiwi land, but not in this particular area. It was about 20 years ago and miss it a lot. Had a wonderful time there and didn't want to go home..........

Three weeks in August on the north island starting in Pauanui (visited a friend there), did a few 4wheeling trips in this Toyota Landcruiser, and a round trip from Pauanui - Rotorua - Napier - Lake Taupo - Auckland - 90-Mile-Beach - Cape Reinga, and back to Pauanui. Some nights were really cold..........

So much more to see and explore there, but had to limit it to these places. Always wanted to come back, but no luck so far.......

Ahhh yes Pauanui in the Coromandel is a beautiful spot (all of that area is really) Looks like you saw a god chunk of the upper north island.... For a small country it does pack allot into it haha

New CSF radiator installed:
DSC01360.JPG

Renewed that crusty "whatever" at the top of the condenser with a couple of layers of industrial foam rubber tape:

DSC01342.JPG

DSC01352.JPG

I have zero idea how well this stuff will hold up, but I had it so in it went! Actually inherited it from my late father in law, Goddess only knows where it came from or how old it is. The peel and stick adhesive is still very tacky.

Coolant goes back in tomorow.