What did you do to your TJ today?

Hey thanks man. I honestly wasn’t sure she would survive the weekend- melanoma patients have blood clots typically - then surgery and it went downhill really fast.

Appreciate all of you guys checking in, the PMs and of course knowing @John Cooper is going to back off ducking me a while helps.

Melanoma sucks. But I'm living proof that there can be hope. I'm starting my 16th year off fighting stage 4 metastatic melanoma. I was about 8 weeks from death and grasping at straws. My medical oncologist got me into a phase 1 clinical trial using a new immunotherapy regimen. Was in that for a duration of 18 months and my body responded. I still have some rather harsh side effects from a previous chemo but it's manageable and I'm still alive. I really hope your mom pulls through, there are so many advances in cancer treatments. 👍

One thing after another. Trying to get my crossmember installed and want to make sure it will still clear the skid plate... So I go to put the skid plate up and...discovered it was bent worse than I thought. 🙄

View attachment 342903

My stock skid had to be pryed around to get the holes to line up. They're not that rigid.

Reactions: John Cooper
Dude is high as fuck on life. It’s awesome!

He has been that way since I met him, if you're feeling low, a phone call to @AndyG will have you feeling better in no time.

He probably has the most positive outlook on life of anyone I know!!!!! He and @Hog are always looking at the glass half full, while most of us are looking at it half empty!!!

Reactions: Hog
Let my Tanya Tucker looking sister drive it- she is a great, great girl-also an athlete and half. Really proud she is my sister. She has never, ever done anything but made me proud. Check out the muscles in her arms.

Once my wife saw me gaze at a lady bodybuilder on a magazine cover- she asked -“Do you wish I looked look that?”

“ No babe, wish I did. “

View attachment 342876

Well at least we know someone in the family got good looks :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

“AC/DC I did a pretty good job getting Brian Johnson to sound like Bon Scott”

Are you fucking kidding me. They both fit the ”sound” of the band but are nothing alike.

Last edited:
One thing after another. Trying to get my crossmember installed and want to make sure it will still clear the skid plate... So I go to put the skid plate up and...discovered it was bent worse than I thought. 🙄

View attachment 342903

Looks like an excuse to buy a big-assed press brake $$$$ and make a new skid!

• USA Proud
Reactions: hosejockey61
Melanoma sucks. But I'm living proof that there can be hope. I'm starting my 16th year off fighting stage 4 metastatic melanoma. I was about 8 weeks from death and grasping at straws. My medical oncologist got me into a phase 1 clinical trial using a new immunotherapy regimen. Was in that for a duration of 18 months and my body responded. I still have some rather harsh side effects from a previous chemo but it's manageable and I'm still alive. I really hope your mom pulls through, there are so many advances in cancer treatments. 👍

Thank you for posting that in I’m with you 100%- Cancer and heart attacks and blood clots used to be just deadly and nowadays the medical profession really slaps them around- Glad you’re doing great

Hey
Dude is high as fuck on life. It’s awesome!

Hey thanks, that is a huge compliment-

Kind of a story -

Had a naturally positive outlook for most of my life, got off track in my 20’s, ended up drinking a lot and depressed- depression is especially dangerous when you end up there from thinking you are at the very top-

You know what I learned? A lot-

- Never take happiness for granted- If you have it , recognize it and enjoy it and share it. Happiness is serious business when you consider the options

- If you don’t have it it may be a sign that something needs to change- use misery as a catalyst

- happiness can be learned, it can be found- hunt it down. Dont be casual and wait for it. Drop the top and turn the dial up and see what happens.

-Don’t wait for anybody to bring it to you- You got a long wait coming.

- You can be about as happy as you want to be or as miserable as you want to be- Either way it’s going to be your job- I believe what goes on between our ears is our most important job- Life can chew you up and spit you out, fight back.

Here is one more- you guys see TJs everywhere? Yes you do. We see what we are looking for. This is bigger than we know and the science proves it- External circumstances have little bearing on happiness, Any change goes away just after you get past the poverty level statistically- the rest is the perception and attitude of the person. And there are some things that we can all do to prove that- Take some time every day to thank somebody, Create a journal of successes, and exercise tells our minds our bodys do what we tell them, which reinforces your sense of control.

If anybody out here is ever struggling or if you feel like life is getting the better of you feel free to shoot me a PM. I’ll help you any way I can. We all have to survive this.

Avoid losers- find people like @Hog and @John Cooper -good people- We probably really are an average of who we hang around.

And to balance it out I’m just like everybody else- I have times that I want to run and scream- Owning a business will do that to you sometimes multiple times a day- Everything that happens is tied to your bank account. But also you learn to recognize when you’re getting out of kilter and bring yourself back in.

Last edited:
Bought a non ac panel from summit for the blower switch. Swapped them out and all speeds work but now the zone switch does not change the flow from defrost to floor to vents. Air just comes out all vents on every setting.. I’ll need to do some more investagating.

5CB16120-18CE-41A4-AD62-0D208811E032.jpeg

1C8BF0B5-E00B-4390-BFAD-4C737D7DF531.jpeg

53ACC67A-7F96-4760-B5A7-439F20465B9E.png

96967CD8-6985-4A8F-B508-B9830676277F.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Hey

Hey thanks, that is a huge compliment-

Kind of a story -

Had a naturally positive outlook for most of my life, got off track in my 20’s, ended up drinking a lot and depressed- depression is especially dangerous when you end up there from thinking you are at the very top-

You know what I learned? A lot-

- Never take happiness for granted- If you have it , recognize it and enjoy it and share it. Happiness is serious business when you consider the options

- If you don’t have it it may be a sign that something needs to change- use misery as a catalyst

- happiness can be learned, it can be found- hunt it down. Dont be casual and wait for it. Drop the top and turn the dial up and see what happens.

-Don’t wait for anybody to bring it to you- You got a long wait coming.

- You can be about as happy as you want to be or as miserable as you want to be- Either way it’s going to be your job- I believe what goes on between our ears is our most important job- Life can chew you up and spit you out, fight back.

Here is one more- you guys see TJs everywhere? Yes you do. We see what we are looking for. This is bigger than we know and the science proves it- External circumstances have little bearing on happiness, Any change goes away just after you get past the poverty level statistically- the rest is the perception and attitude of the person. And there are some things that we can all do to prove that- Take some time every day to think somebody, Create a journal of successes, and exercise tells our minds our bodys do what we tell them, which reinforces your sense of control.

If anybody out here is ever struggling or if you feel like life is getting the better of you feel free to shoot me a PM. I’ll help you any way I can. We all have to survive this.

Avoid losers- people like @Hog and @John Cooper are good people- We probably really are an average of who we hang around.

And to balance it out I’m just like everybody else- I have times that I want to run and scream- Owning a business will do that to you sometimes multiple times a day- Everything that happens is tied to your bank account. But also you learn to recognize when you’re getting out of kilter and bring yourself back in.

I’m gonna used a phrase my professor used yesterday. This is some valuable “old guy wisdom”

We’ll I’m assuming vacuum. Cause it has the 4or 5 colored hoses coming out of the switch to behind glovebox.

OK I dealt with this recently-

There is a change in the diameter of the vacuum line fittings somewhere around 05-06 so not all of them will change over

One is smaller and you immediately lose vacuum

I had to take the vacuum line attachment off the back of my old switch and put it on my new one- Then everything worked perfect

I also had a little cheap vacuum tool that I got from Harbor freight that I used to check each vacuum circuit

If you have cruise you can just see if your cruise control works and if it does not you’re probably losing back him somewhere

A good example would be cruise works only at high speed when it’s getting enough vacuum or it doesn’t work at all

Last edited:
I’m gonna used a phrase my professor used yesterday. This is some valuable “old guy wisdom”

And the key is to get to be an old guy- A lot of people give up before they get there and life gets pretty rewarding as you get older- You become a better friend to yourself

Last edited:
That last line really resonates with me.

What happens is it really becomes less of a strategy to do the right thing and it becomes instinctive- Generally speaking and I do mean generally you’ll see older people worry less and consistently make better decisions-

At the same time I know a guy right now that is five years my senior he is about 61 and he Has been making bad decisions for about five years or more- And this guy is a clean cut church going decent family man but he has put his family in financial Jeopardy- I consider it a remarkable situation because it’s very unusual for people at that age to make worse decisions than they did when they were younger- So what’s the deal? He has a trait that is 100% fatal- He will not listen to anybody. He only takes his own counsel. He is in a similar line of work and I am related to his wife and went over every detail with her on how to approach what we do successfully- And she is heartbroken because he will not listen to anybody except some stranger from a far on the Internet.

Being 56 one thing when I look at young people I realize is even if they don’t have all the wisdom and experience they still have the energy and the wisdom and experience is pretty much available for free just by listening to other people- You can actually know what you know and know what somebody else knows- And you will be really surprised at who knows what- All the people around us are like a really rich library of experience.