What did you do to your TJ today?

My mom did that a lot. She also thought people were after her and got paranoid. I had to put locks on the top of the outside doors so she wouldn't wander off when I went to work for a few hours at night. Terrible disease.

It is man. He knows me for the most part.

Last night he was up in the middle of the night spraying the walls down with bug cleaner til it pooled on the floor and was gonna go after them with a shotgun.😂

At least I’m not at all bored, but can’t sleep good.

It is man. He knows me for the most part.

Last night he was up in the middle of the night spraying the walls down with bug cleaner til it pooled on the floor and was gonna go after them with a shotgun.😂

At least I’m not at all bored, but can’t sleep good.

I also went through this with both my parents, mostly my Dad.......you laugh and you cry.

Auto swapped!

PXL_20220725_000316584.jpg

PXL_20220724_221714920.jpg

So well said.

I think we need a separate thread for this🤷‍♂️

A story: Thanksgiving dinner with about ten people, friends and family and Ma and Dad. We had two bottles of wine, opened both as the first round killed bottle #1. Go for round#2 and the second bottle is EMPTY, Dad, sitting at the foot of the table managed to drink the whole bottle himself without anybody noticing! 🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: John Cooper
I think we need a separate thread for this🤷‍♂️

A story: Thanksgiving dinner with about ten people, friends and family and Ma and Dad. We had two bottles of wine, opened both as the first round killed bottle #1. Go for round#2 and the second bottle is EMPTY, Dad, sitting at the foot of the table managed to drink the whole bottle himself without anybody noticing! 🤣🤣🤣

Woo hoo!

I hid the .357 this morning- slept with one eye open wondering if a gun was hid- check this out- some never fired-

4C3C5AAA-7A08-4A13-B4BF-354C54DABC3A.jpeg

Adjusted the TC linkage as I had a hard time getting into 4 low this past weekend.

Also tested out my new storage system, worked pretty good. Chainsaw fits between bins and tailgate.

View attachment 345730

View attachment 345731

Really nice work.(y)

p.s. I find it helpful to bring a contractor grade black trash bag for the chainsaw. You don't want the blood dripping off the blade all over your Jeep and bury the body parts deep, so animals don't dig them up.....Oops TMI. 🤫

Got back from our Montana trip last night at midnight.

We started out 10 days ago in my 97 TJ missing two gears in my freshly rebuilt AX-15. I expected it to blow up...but after 250 miles of OHV and Forest service roads the pinion bearing gave out on the rear end.

My father in law dragged the TJ off in my dump trailer and we finished with my wife's recently purchased JK.

This morning I called Gear Works in Bend, OR... they're waiting on the correct front seal and should have it this afternoon... they're stand up guys and will do the transmission swap this time...I did it twice inside a week...put it in, missing gears, pulled it, drove it to Bend...they said nothing was wrong...drove it home...put it back in...no 1 and no 4.

Also started a warranty claim on my Black Max shocks. Both puked their guts out. Probably had too many tools in the back anticipating having to pull a transmission on the trail.

Confirmed the pinion was out on the Dana 35. You can shake the yoke like a polaroid. Was all new parts. Twin Peaks Off-road in Roseburg did the gear setup after I messed with it for two weeks and wasn't comfortable with my patterns.

Wondering what caused it. Has oil...I ran 85w 140 and I'm guessing that got it too hot. That or I just fucked the bearing pulling it one two many times chasing a better pattern.

Gonna crack the cover here and see what comes out. Kinda pissed my father in law parked the truck and trailer on my grassy hill instead of the flat parking lot. Hard angle to the right...so if there was any shrapnel it's all over the driver tube...which means a complete tear down...sigh.

And the AC compressor shit the bed...and I just got the system filled.

Can't win here...

Back to work...

-Mac

IMG_20220725_090644334.jpg

IMG_20220725_092905413.jpg

Got back from our Montana trip last night at midnight.

We started out 10 days ago in my 97 TJ missing two gears in my freshly rebuilt AX-15. I expected it to blow up...but after 250 miles of OHV and Forest service roads the pinion bearing gave out on the rear end.

My father in law dragged the TJ off in my dump trailer and we finished with my wife's recently purchased JK.

This morning I called Gear Works in Bend, OR... they're waiting on the correct front seal and should have it this afternoon... they're stand up guys and will do the transmission swap this time...I did it twice inside a week...put it in, missing gears, pulled it, drove it to Bend...they said nothing was wrong...drove it home...put it back in...no 1 and no 4.

Also started a warranty claim on my Black Max shocks. Both puked their guts out. Probably had too many tools in the back anticipating having to pull a transmission on the trail.

Confirmed the pinion was out on the Dana 35. You can shake the yoke like a polaroid. Was all new parts. Twin Peaks Off-road in Roseburg did the gear setup after I messed with it for two weeks and wasn't comfortable with my patterns.

Wondering what caused it. Has oil...I ran 85w 140 and I'm guessing that got it too hot. That or I just fucked the bearing pulling it one two many times chasing a better pattern.

Gonna crack the cover here and see what comes out. Kinda pissed my father in law parked the truck and trailer on my grassy hill instead of the flat parking lot. Hard angle to the right...so if there was any shrapnel it's all over the driver tube...which means a complete tear down...sigh.

And the AC compressor shit the bed...and I just got the system filled.

Can't win here...

Back to work...

-Mac

View attachment 345759

View attachment 345760

Sounds like a good time to step back and take a really deep breath. Wow
But the trip itself was good? Lots of scenery and overlanding?