What did you do to your TJ today?

Yes sir v6 and a 5 speed transmission!!!!

Oil change every 3000 miles and just in the last year it has started using 1 quart between changes.

Time to sell it to a Ford dealership now for $25,000 with the crazy prices. It can be their display model for FORD TOUGH :)
My brother loves Fords. I've had 3 and the transmissions went in all three with under 100,000 miles. My stop and go driving jobs test transmission reliability really quick. Not surprising, Toyota/Scion and Hyundai have held up the best over the years.

Last edited:
Replaced front shaft u-joints and cv ball in my daughter's Jeep. I'd say we're both lucky. 🤯

C00DA65E-A03C-4388-BF1D-2AF7C30E41D3.JPG

Yes, and after a couple of years, the knob stripped and we had to use pliers to change the 12 channels. Don't get me started on the aluminum foil on the "rabbit ears" antenna to tune in channels. I don't know how I survived all the hardships. :unsure:

You had 12 channels? We had 3 plus 1 PBS.

• USA Proud
Reactions: RINC and voodooridr
Our first tv had a dial with only 13 numbers

VHF only. Our first one was the same way. Then we got the one with UHF which was a continuously variable inner dial (no clicks) for the UHF stations. Then came the ones with two separate dials, both clicked, then varactor tuners, then digi-tuners.

Got the bracket and york compressor installed and alternator relocated. Also installed the in cab air coupler. Getting the new serpentine belt on was a bitch. Even with the tensioner fully released the belt was tight. Took some extra colorful metaphors to get it in place.

View attachment 347927

View attachment 347928

View attachment 347929
Now I have to relocate the evap system to make room for the air tank.

View attachment 347931

Did that on an old YJ 23 years ago, using a junkyard compressor. And a bracket from some outfit. Maybe Parts Mike. Is he still around?

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Did that on an old YJ 23 years ago, using a junkyard compressor. And a bracket from some outfit. Maybe Parts Mike. Is he still around?

I also did this 25yrs ago on my cj5. Built my own bracket then. Still used an old ac compressor. You still had to use a york oil bath style. If you use one that lubricates with the freon you'll burn it up. Even the old oil bath style needed attention as they don't have an oil ring so oil would get in the air system. This compressor has been modified with an oil ring and will put out 10cfm at 1000rpm.

I also did this 25yrs ago on my cj5. Built my own bracket then. Still used an old ac compressor. You still had to use a york oil bath style. If you use one that lubricates with the freon you'll burn it up. Even the old oil bath style needed attention as they don't have an oil ring so oil would get in the air system. This compressor has been modified with an oil ring and will put out 10cfm at 1000rpm.

I don’t remember that. But, it worked well, airing up my 38” swampers. Did they do that in the old ford trucks back then?