What did you do to your TJ today?

I'm planning to take the back seat out of my Jeep today for more cargo room since I seldom ever need it. Will use it when I need a back seat. Also gotta find out which size socket I need to bring outside with me to take off my third brake light. Gonna bring it inside for the soldering and re-wiring since the fault is on the tailgate side and not on the body side. Few other things as well like removing the cowling to clean out the drain as best as I can since I don't have a compressor or anything to clear the cowling drain.

My parasitic draw seems to have stopped by itself which is odd.

My fog lamp switch that is part of the three multi switches for them and the rear window heater and wiper somehow got broken. I should order one and repair it today but alas, more important things are underway.

image.jpg

Tell her to buy it and she start her own side businesses

View attachment 348788

Should not be too hard for someone to be better than those pink Jeep guys.

The wife and I were out exploring in our TJ in Sedona once, and we used the same trail as the pink Jeep tours. Pink Jeep driver was a tool and acted like we were on his private trail.

Last edited:
So I managed to take my rear seat out alone and I wasn't expecting it to be that heavy. lol Gotta pull all the carpeting out to give it a good look-over and a cleaning. With the carpet out, I'll take the drain plugs out and check over them. I know my TJ came to me with one plug missing so far.
Sorry, pics didn't come out the best, but I took these before I went for a drive to get something to eat.

I need to unbolt those seatbelts from the floor next. Does it take a torx too?

IMG_20220806_191442.jpg

IMG_20220806_191438.jpg

Last edited:
So I managed to take my rear seat out alone and I wasn't expecting it to be that heavy. lol Gotta pull all the carpeting out to give it a good look-over and a cleaning. With the carpet out, I'll take the drain plugs out and check over them. I know my TJ came to me with one plug missing so far.
Sorry, pics didn't come out the best, but I took these before I went for a drive to get something to eat.

I need to unbolt those seatbelts from the floor next. Does it take a torx too?

View attachment 348919

View attachment 348920

I believe the seat belts also have torx fittings too.

Reactions: Mousy Orla
Met up with @AndyG tonight, by now he is probably stuck in Chattanooga traffic on I 75 NB.
We met up at the Waffle House in Kimball, TN. It was great to see him again and catch up on each other. We ate a good meal and had great fellowship!!!!
20220806_213032_copy_800x600.jpg

Sport and Andy's 250.
Pay no mind to the ugly guy in the ball cap(that's me) Andy is trying to be George Straight in his duds!!!!!!!
And of course Sport had to photo bomb us

20220806_213115.jpg

Met up with @AndyG tonight, by now he is probably stuck in Chattanooga traffic on I 75 NB.
We met up at the Waffle House in Kimball, TN. It was great to see him again and catch up on each other. We ate a good meal and had great fellowship!!!!
View attachment 348928
Sport and Andy's 250.
Pay no mind to the ugly guy in the ball cap(that's me) Andy is trying to be George Straight in his duds!!!!!!!
And of course Sport had to photo bomb us

View attachment 348929

Don’t let anybody tell you this forum is just a bunch of strangers on the Internet-If you want it to be that it can and it doesn’t hurt a thing

At the same time , this thing is full of real people with real hearts that will take real time...Having Jeeps to talk about just makes it better

I’m probably going through one of the tougher places in life people face right now and it was unexpected with my parents health declining so suddenly- Getting to take some time with John and @Hog this weekend was really a bright spot.

Knowing pictures are floating around now I’ve got to start wearing my hat right🤣🤣 You’ve got to pull it down over your eyes more for the serious Cowboy look

image.jpg

Also I have to be thankful that I even have parents to take care of- Some people don’t have that and would love to

And just because you’re facing things that you don’t like it doesn’t mean you’re not allowed to be happy

Every single person on here knows most of lifes’ stuff isn’t going to matter in 100 years and for the most part hardly anybody will know we’ve been here- I am truly getting to the place in life where I believe most of what matters is how we treat others-We all want a good life experience but do we want that for other people, And if we don’t do they have any idea from watching us how to help do that for us?

Last edited:
I know I’ve been spouting a lot of philosophical crap lately and too much on this thread- I’ll try to watch it at the same time thanks for humoring me guys. I really do want the best for people, especially if they want it for themselves.

I believe the seat belts also have torx fittings too.

They look like a large torx. I have tool set from a JK or JL in my TJ, it has a large torx bit, it might fit. I'll check in the morning, thanks! (y)

I know, I need to pickup a cheap full torx set. Seems like I didn't need a torx set then lately I have the Jeep and a lot of other things I need it for.

They look like a large torx. I have tool set from a JK or JL in my TJ, it has a large torx bit, it might fit. I'll check in the morning, thanks! (y)

I know, I need to pickup a cheap full torx set.

I can't remember if it's a T40, T45 or T55.

I know I’ve been spouting a lot of philosophical crap lately and too much on this thread- I’ll try to watch it at the same time thanks for humoring me guys. I really do want the best for people, especially if they want it for themselves.

Brother, you say what you need to say. Yes, it absolutely matters how we treat others. You are going through a rough time and sometimes we just need someone to listen. We all have our challenges, and if it helps you to vent here a bit, then so be it. You are appreciated even by folks that have not met you yet. Keep up the good work and know that you are being prayed for.

Got some basic upkeep done today. Tomorrow... figure out how to install a auxbox power distribution setup. :)