What did you do to your TJ today?

I know I’ve been spouting a lot of philosophical crap lately and too much on this thread- I’ll try to watch it at the same time thanks for humoring me guys. I really do want the best for people, especially if they want it for themselves.

I like philosophizing... "We're just dust in the wind, dude..." ;)

Met up with @AndyG tonight, by now he is probably stuck in Chattanooga traffic on I 75 NB.
We met up at the Waffle House in Kimball, TN. It was great to see him again and catch up on each other. We ate a good meal and had great fellowship!!!!
View attachment 348928
Sport and Andy's 250.
Pay no mind to the ugly guy in the ball cap(that's me) Andy is trying to be George Straight in his duds!!!!!!!
And of course Sport had to photo bomb us

View attachment 348929

Waffle House and good meal should not be said in the same conversation.....

The one time my ex wife was with me and we stopped at a Waffle House, she did the same thing. Of course, the cook had a cold and kept rubbing his snotty nose on his forearm while cooking.

Gag

Reactions: RINC
The one time my ex wife was with me and we stopped at a Waffle House, she did the same thing. Of course, the cook had a cold and kept rubbing his snotty nose on his forearm while cooking.

That reminds me of taking my in-laws out for their 50th anniversary and we wanted to go somewhere nice and then after we got our food we had to turn around, they forgot the ketchup packs.

Last edited:
That reminds me of taking my in-laws out for their 50th anniversary and we wanted to go somewhere nice and then after we got our food we had to turn around, they forgot the ketchup packs.

Andy, I can see you are pouring your heart out in recent posts. I can't put it into words perfectly, but I can get what you are going through. To set the timeline, today's task was to pickup and clean up my dad's 2014 Aprilia Tuono to help him sell it. He bought it new at a point that he could ride a superbike like that (read: 44" on 1 tons buggy). He has diminished over the years since 2014. He dropped the bike on himself on the way out of his shed a few years ago and is now at the point where we need to sell it. It sucks. It is a hard place to realize you are close to being the top spot on the family tree.

Oh and uh, I took my TJ for a ride to see if a few miles would help the cyclic brake noise I am getting out of the left rear drum would subside with some more miles. It did not.

20220806_172318.jpg

20220806_172630.jpg

I ate at a Waffle House once. I had just got out of jail and someone took me there for a good meal. Jail food tastes better. :unsure:
p.s. It might have just been the inmates that cook at out Waffle House though.

Last edited:

I ate at a Waffle House once. I had just got out of jail and someone took me there for a good meal. Jail food tastes better. :unsure:
p.s. It might have just been the inmates that cook at out Waffle House though.

Man haven't y'all ever seen the movie Tin Cup????????

If Cheech can eat at a Waffle House so can I!!!!!!I!!!!!!! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

The jeep came with a 2" cheap lift kit using stock springs and I decided to go with OME 2" springs. And as you know I have Rancho 5000x's for 2 to 3 lift to go on it. I think that will give me a good ride and the 2 inches work just right with the 31" mud tires I bought. Springs will be here tomorrow.

You can have a hellofalotta fun in a TJ on 31s. We ran it that way for a dozen years.

You can have a hellofalotta fun in a TJ on 31s. We ran it that way for a dozen years.

Thanks Tejasol ,
We are an older couple and we like to explore back roads and trails with our two dogs . Sold our 73 Bronco 15yr's ago ( I hated it ) but it did have some fun drives when I could get the crap to start and run. We missed the rides so I got the TJ and we love it . Starts every time , will go where we want to go ....just love it and it looks great too. Here I am putting on the new wheels and tires , have a matching spare , have a winch to install too. No back seat just a big doggy bed in back , seat belt gone. New interior , new HD underside about done . Next paint fixed , will look newish ..... going to use this thing so not going too far.. You Bet we are going to have fun with it.
Cheers Will
IMG_0238.jpg

You know I think I’ll start something on this on off topic when I can , I believe our philosophy of life matters, if anything it predicates our behavior and that can determine outcomes.

I've been thinking about an Off Topic thread too for a while. Will have to get moving on it. Take care everyone.

Andy, I can see you are pouring your heart out in recent posts. I can't put it into words perfectly, but I can get what you are going through. To set the timeline, today's task was to pickup and clean up my dad's 2014 Aprilia Tuono to help him sell it. He bought it new at a point that he could ride a superbike like that (read: 44" on 1 tons buggy). He has diminished over the years since 2014. He dropped the bike on himself on the way out of his shed a few years ago and is now at the point where we need to sell it. It sucks. It is a hard place to realize you are close to being the top spot on the family tree.

Oh and uh, I took my TJ for a ride to see if a few miles would help the cyclic brake noise I am getting out of the left rear drum would subside with some more miles. It did not.

View attachment 348973

View attachment 348974

Nailed it. Thanks.

I had a bent axle flange that created a noise like that once.