What did you do to your TJ today?

Got a new battery over the weekend and yesterday put in the Weathertech mats. Boring stuff, no pictures.

Today, got the new tires & wheels installed. Loving the look and ride quality.

IMG_8653.JPG

IMG_8655.JPG

IMG_8656.JPG

Micro usb re

View attachment 349752chargeable , Lowes

Those things are a very quick an cheap way to improve the light at the rear when backing up...I have only one ( that's all you need to be legal out here) I did mine a couple years ago and its saved me a couple times from backing over somethings I shouldnt have haha

Those things are a very quick an cheap way to improve the light at the rear when backing up...I have only one ( that's all you need to be legal out here) I did mine a couple years ago and its saved me a couple times from backing over somethings I shouldnt have haha

Yes the housing is so bad you just get what you would expect from a more modern vehicle- But that is still an upgrade

Took my third brake light off today so I could rewire it since it's not worked since I bought it among other things. I'm reusing the old connectors on each end since I don't have any others. Not sure the actual most common name for these kinds of wraps, but I do my wiring like this and add a little solder, crimp too when I have them and self sealing heat shrink.

I also took out the middle seat belt bit on the floor in the back of my Jeep. PB Blaster only did so much. Wish I still had an impact gun for removal of the rear seat belts.

Screenshot 2022-08-08 at 22-36-22 Western Union splice - Wikipedia.png

IMG_20220809_180032.jpg

IMG_20220809_180040.jpg

IMG_20220808_203159.jpg

DSC01498.JPG

Took my third brake light off today so I could rewire it since it's not worked since I bought it among other things. I'm reusing the old connectors on each end since I don't have any others. Not sure the actual most common name for these kinds of wraps, but I do my wiring like this and add a little solder, crimp too when I have them and self sealing heat shrink.

I also took out the middle seat belt bit on the floor in the back of my Jeep. PB Blaster only did so much. Wish I still had an impact gun for removal of the rear seat belts.

View attachment 349777

View attachment 349784

View attachment 349786

View attachment 349787

View attachment 349805

I think the state of your phone would upset Zorba.

Finished re-wiring my third brake light, haven't installed it yet as I want to clean the two connectors out before I do and add a little grease or something when I reinstall it. I may wait on putting it back on so I can get some black spray paint to make it look new again.

Sadly I got a better look at the leaning tire of Jeep on back, looks like whatever the previous owner hit caused the bottom area of the tailgate to push in. Not sure what I'm planning to do for that quite yet.

IMG_20220810_191543.jpg

IMG_20220810_191629.jpg

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: RINC and Kiwi TJ
Might have to work overtime if the storms don't leave by quitting time.

No sir I drive in the rain, it was supposed to storm and I didn't really want the dash and everything to get soaked all day.

Guys at work can't believe I will drive topless in the rain, but they don't own Jeeps either.