What did you do to your TJ today?

Boy Howdy, do we ever! Bad parenting (or complete lack of parenting) being the norm, it's not surprising.

100 percent correct.

That is exactly where it starts. Failed parenting strategies, or complete lack there of. A teacher recently told me that a lot of the students are being raised by their grandmothers and other family members that don’t feel like they can discipline them or don’t really even want the job.

Last edited:
I don’t know if it’s the same thing but my buddy was dating a girl from England about 30 years ago & she used to eat Marmite all the time, stuff smelled like what I envision the inside of a skunk’s ass chute would smell like

View attachment 361407

though, I'd probably try it all today, not much I don't like. And knowing there are many that love it there's got to be something to it. Not unlike scrapple which I can eat by the brick, when you know you know...

Can’t stand it myself, but that’s maybe because as a teenager I lived about half a mile from the factory and the smell was unbelievable…

100 percent correct.

That is exactly where it starts. Failed parenting strategies, or complete lack there of. A teacher recently told me that a lot of the students are being raised by their grandmothers and other family members that don’t feel like they can discipline them or don’t really even want the job.

The first time I heard of grandparents raising their grandkids was shortly after I graduated HS in 1985. Even back then I just shook my head because their first batch of kids became crack heads that couldn't raise their own so they were given a second batch as if they might do better. Almost 2 decades later it seems to me that they took a step up and raised meth heads instead.

The first time I heard of grandparents raising their grandkids was shortly after I graduated HS in 1985. Even back then I just shook my head because their first batch of kids became crack heads that couldn't raise their own so they were given a second batch as if they might do better. Almost 2 decades later it seems to me that they took a step up and raised meth heads instead.

I graduated in ‘85 too- a lot changed from the 70’s til today. The disintegration of the family unit sure picked up speed.