What did you do to your TJ today?

I got my TJR exactly a year ago today with 56k miles. It makes me sad seeing the odometer tick up, but man it’s been a fun ride!
56DA623B-4354-40A8-86D9-3B3CEE758BA9.jpeg

67C4DD44-9106-4D8E-8C0C-10CFC3650354.jpeg

CC60D38C-61EB-4ABD-9C54-3FBCBAFF259C.jpeg

Last edited:
How to say I don't know shit about automotive paint without saying I don't know shit about paint.

You shouldn't open your mouth and stick your foot in it , I was trained to be an automotive engineer , recruited by GM in 73 to go to work for them designing their automobiles and I know why Chrysler did it that way, cost too much time to do it right . If you think the paint jobs on these jeeps are great paint jobs and Chrysler makes a quality product then you don't know anything. I've restored many classic cars and have painted more cars that you have owned or ever will. Oh and painting a car is really not hard at all , I can think of many things a lot harder to do.
Oh another thing I can send you a link to a youtube video with my buddy Steve fitting a hinge over a painted TJ body and it shows how a skilled paint and body guy does the impossible .

Last edited:
80mph past here? I hope they haven't brought back photo radar traps on I-17 :mad:

That's a story for another day, I will say it's not cheap hiring a lawyer to represent you in AZ when you live in Massachusetts :cautious:

View attachment 361678

Aint ever going in there. Thats the place a horse shatt the bed inside.

Got it up in the air so I can check all the nuts and bolts to make sure they are properly tightened.
Recently swapped the axles to Dana 44s and took it out for its initial break-in last weekend. It worked well but there seem to be some excessive rattles and clunks when I was bouncing around the rocks.

And obviously I need to check everything anyway.

I love this QuickJack. However the frame on the TJ is so short that originally when it was lifted , it was hitting the lower control arm mounts before it touched the frame. But a couple bucks worth a 4 x 6 solve that problem.

View attachment 361862

View attachment 361863

FedEx delivered my quickjack today. Still sitting in the boxes in the garage because I had more pressing things to do (so I was told by my wife) but tomorrow I will get it set up!

You shouldn't open your mouth and stick your foot in it , I was trained to be an automotive engineer , recruited by GM in 73 to go to work for them designing their automobiles and I know why Chrysler did it that way, cost too much time to do it right . If you think the paint jobs on these jeeps are great paint jobs and Chrysler makes a quality product then you don't know anything. I've restored many classic cars and have painted more cars that you have owned or ever will. Oh and painting a car is really not hard at all , I can think of many things a lot harder to do.
Oh another thing I can send you a link to a youtube video with my buddy Steve fitting a hinge over a painted TJ body and it shows how a skilled paint and body guy does the impossible .

You and your buddy are not Woodrow.

You and your buddy are not Woodrow.

With all due respect mrblaine you are correct and the body is galvanized and the lack of paint there won't hurt a thing.
If Woodrow wants there to be paint there he should find a real good paint and body guy and get an exceptional paint job on his jeep if that is his desire. I have a few places of paint failure on my jeep and I am going to make paint corrections because I don't desire a custom paint job on my jeep . I'm taking it in the woods and it will get scratched up. If that bothers me I may color code some bed liner and spray it with that look because I do like the color of my jeep. I'm sure you know more specifically about the jeep model for now than I do but my automotive knowledge is extensive . Lets part friends and help out each others of us and not get into a pissing contest.
I know shit about a lot of shit and I'm sure you do too! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Which one did you get?

7000TL. Costco had them for $1500 shipped so I went for it. Ordered the truck adapters from Home Depot for another $220 I think.

I have a Dodge Charger that needs a new drive line carrier bearing. Dodge wanted to replace the whole drive line as it is "not a separate replaceable part" for $1800, but there is an aftermarket carrier for $250 that will bolt right in. Seemed like a good time to get the lift and do it myself. Don't have room for a 2 post so the QuickJack seemed like a great option.

Today I did away with another engine compartment noise, I replaced the serpentine belt idler and tensioner, the idler seemed ok, no looseness or tight spots but the tensioner bearing was all loose and rattly and the spring wasn't keeping steady tension on the belt
I tried to replace the belt too but the one I have is a hair too short so I'll need to get another one tomorrow (good thing I didn't cut the old one off)
And yesterday we finally made it to Fern Falls
20220924_183853.jpg

20220924_184123.jpg

Last edited:
Wanted to get the new axle under the Jeep today but ran into a couple little issues again. Last control arm is giving me a fit because of the snap ring being stuck in the joint. Doesn’t matter what pliers I’ve tried, it’s just stuck lol so that’ll be soaking until tomorrow. I went ahead and painted the inside of the control arm mounts and upper coil buckets before installing everything. Next up is restoring the coils before they go back in. New bumpstops and some spacers, I’ll be cycling the suspension to make sure it’s setup properly.

3A05068C-06E3-43A9-9D08-1C3C1F53BC4C.jpeg

A419A09C-CCFF-49C1-88F1-2B21A7B851A4.jpeg