What did you do to your TJ today?

Quadratec LED lights with amber cover.

With the covers off.

48771B63-2B1A-42A4-8277-F23EAC066255.jpeg

Like Kurt_S, I worked on the installation of my GMRS radio. It's a Wouxun KG-1000G with the detachable face plate. First, I made a bracket and mounted the antenna off the top tailgate hinge (I ran the coax under the lip of the hardtop and inside):
Antenna Web.jpg

Then I made some brackets to mount the faceplate above the switch panel I have between the sun visors. I don't have a picture with that installed, but here's one with the brackets riveted to the faceplate:
Wouxun KG-1000G Faceplate with Brackets Web.jpg

Next, I made brackets to mount the main radio behind the knee bolster panel below the steering column. It's a tight fit! Here are the brackets before mounting on the radio:
GMRS Brackets Web.jpg

Here they are on the radio:
Wouxun KG-1000G w Brackets Web.jpg

And here it is mounted:
Wouxun KG-1000G Installed from Front Web.jpg

You can see in the photo above where the bracket attaches to the column screw. The other bracket was mounted with a screw through an existing empty hole in the steering column bracket. Here's a photo from below, looking up:
Wouxun KG-1000G Installed from Bottom Web.jpg

Finally, I put an RJ-45 jack in the center console for the mic and mounted the mic clip on the right side of the center dash piece:
Wouxun Mic.jpg

I gleaned a lot of information from this forum when selecting the radio and antenna and figuring out the mounting possibilities. Thanks to all for the great ideas. I love this forum!

love this forum

Me too bro.

Honestly my TJ experience would be based on shop recommendations that were off base, online searches and guesswork- it started out that way and this forum helped me to make better decisions, do more of my own work and make great friends along the way.

It looks like my black Rubi may have sold way faster than I planned, so I took it to work today with no top (had to finish a job , the client needs their home) and enjoyed one of our last warmer evening based on the forecast.

Drove home singing “Cadillac Ranch” at the top of my lungs along with the Boss. I was 17 again for 20 minutes. No other vehicle can do that to me. A true time machine.

The plan is an LJR Auto, ideally white, but I sure don’t see many popping up.

Let me know if you guys see any.

If I remember correctly, they were Poison Spyder brackets for two reasons:

1 - They mounted lower on the windshield than most brackets.
2 - They we’re cheap.

https://www.quadratec.com/p/poison-spyder/pillar-light-mounts-97-06-jeep-wrangler-tj-unlimited

I may have had to drill the hole a little larger for the light to mount, I can’t remember for sure.

View attachment 362117

View attachment 362118

3. They don't have the PS logo on them. (I run them too)

• Haha
Reactions: MountaineerTom
National holiday over here but DHL still delivered 👍 ( got these on a recommendation from one of the members of the form)
I think I’m all set now to rip out the interior…. Just need a weekend free I’ve been working 6 1/2 days a week for the last three weeks

F98F4380-1D26-40D9-BDC7-53402817D3A3.jpeg

B90DF602-A89C-43B4-AAF8-224B07B7006D.jpeg