What did you do to your TJ today?

After the Rubi flares were a bust yesterday, the deal with my friends Walt and Susan visited forum member @Chief1942 out in AZ and picked up a free Warn Bumper to bring back to me in TX. What a deal! Great friends and a very gracious forum member!

After the Rubi flares were a bust yesterday, the deal with my friends Walt and Susan visited forum member @Chief1942 out in AZ and picked up a free Warn Bumper to bring back to me in TX. What a deal! Great friends and a very gracious forum member!
People helping people, its what I like about this forum....(and a bit of recycling too he he)

I installed the Mopar door sills and added insulation kit to my hardtop interior. My next venture will be to update my wiring harness for the rear wiper as mine didnt come that way from the factory.

Installed my Christmas presents. Smittybuilt rock crawler bumper and my new ham radio! Next on the list is my winch. Have to wait until my birthday for that one!
4d79ae3aa082f1a74d457a45650a088d.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I failed at getting all the transfer case bolts removed. 2 of them were just spinning in the frame!!!! Off to 4Wheel Parts I went. They had a difficult time as well but got the job done and my Rubicon Express transfer case lowering kit is installed and what a night and day difference it made with my Lift Kit. It is so smooth now and the dreaded tj lifted vibration is gone! I'm one happy person.

Reactions: Fouledplugs and JMT
Well I failed at getting all the transfer case bolts removed. 2 of them were just spinning in the frame!!!! Off to 4Wheel Parts I went. They had a difficult time as well but got the job done and my Rubicon Express transfer case lowering kit is installed and what a night and day difference it made with my Lift Kit. It is so smooth now and the dreaded tj lifted vibration is gone! I'm one happy person.
Congrats on no vibes! Those nutserts do strip out. @mrblaine sells those. I keep a couple on hand. Not difficult to replace. He gives good instructions on how to make the tool to install.

Reactions: BayTJ
I installed the Mopar door sills and added insulation kit to my hardtop interior. My next venture will be to update my wiring harness for the rear wiper as mine didnt come that way from the factory.
Ive always wanted to see a hard top with the insulation installed. Any chance we can get some pictures?

Cleaned up my stinky rear seat and is almost dry now too....Hoping the weather holds long enough to take the Jeep and my kids and one of their friends into the city to watch the fireworks tonight, set off from our sky city tower (similar to the one in Toronto) Will take some pics if I can.

Reactions: JMT, Kathy and ac_
Good Morning Jeepers,

It's not even 9:30 am and I've already been cold at play. Current temp 7 degrees here in lower Michigan. I picked up a set of stock 2017 Wrangler wheels and tires, slightly used, for $350 yesterday. Of course, I couldn't wait to put them on, so I made a pot of coffee and put my big jeeper pants on. Below are pictures of the before, current, and now running wheels and tires.

The before wheels and tires when I purchased the rig. 30x9.5xR15's
upload_2017-12-31_9-37-19.jpeg

Currently running stock 16". 225x75xR16 I believe.
upload_2017-12-31_9-42-6.jpeg

New wheels and tires. 245x75xR17's
upload_2017-12-31_9-42-25.jpeg

The new set had less than a month's use on them and the spare tire was brand new with the red and blue lines still on the rubber. What a difference a simple swap makes. Now I have a whole day to play with them in the snow.

Happy New Years All.