What did you do to your TJ today?

Ditched the bulky factory taillights.

20221001_170824-jpg.363742

20221001_175413-jpg.363745

20221001_204104-jpg.363746

What brand are these? They look good

I wrestled some new rotors and pads onto it this afternoon. The caliper slide bushings on the rear slid easily by hand. The fronts required me to use tongue-and-groove pliers to move them. I tried multiple times to get grease onto the bushing surface with moderate success on the driver side & minimal success on the passenger. How easily do these need to move?

I was going to flush the fluid as well but the first bleeder screw was fighting hard and I was worried I’d snap it off. I didn’t want to deal with that problem in the in-laws driveway. I plan to try some penetrating fluid on them. Any other ideas if that fails? Light duty impact?

Took me about 4 hours to do. (n)

• Sad
Reactions: John Cooper
Really want to know what brand METAL CLOAK $250.00
A machined piece of aluminum with china led lens, they made a fancy tail light.

Got a thumbs down on this post and all I can say is if you have to have the LED products then buy them from china and don't reward the businesses that import all this china crap, although I think it's a losing battle. If you "can" get them from Taiwan not mainland communist china.

Last edited:
  • Dislike
  • Haha
Reactions: L J and TJ Starting
Changed the oil, drained and refilled the 42RLE (pan with a plug sure is nice) and did a 5 wheel rotation
What's everyone cleaning their Bestop with? Dusty trails have set into tge top and nothing I do gets it out

I use meguiars convertible top cleaner and a soft bristle brush, works really well on my bestop sailcloth.

Got the Jeep out of the wives driveway spot , had to grind the tab off to get the old shoes back on. Got that done before it rained.

Reactions: TJ Starting
Thursday.. changed the oil, got the NYS inspection done and installed the missing front spring isolators. Reduced forward rake by 3/4" and more important.. I know it's now in good order

Been raining since Friday. I've NOTHING to my TJ. Didn't even drive it. Oh wait, that's not true.. I checked under to make sure the wet spot I saw was water and not oil. She's good. The Fluid Film application will have to wait until this weekend. Going in for re-gear and truetrac on Wednesday. Not looking forward to the break-in miles

Let's start a fire here, Metalcloak. These were only purchased from MC because Savvy doesn't have them and can't say when they will. If this is something you're looking at, wait for the next holiday, when they'll be 10% off. The only negative thing I can say so far is that they etch their "M" into the aluminum housing. Time will tell if the lenses hold up though.

https://metalcloak.com/tj-wrangler-rear-aluminum-led-kit.html

Let's start a fire here, Metalcloak. These were only purchased from MC because Savvy doesn't have them and can't say when they will. If this is something you're looking at, wait for the next holiday, when they'll be 10% off. The only negative thing I can say so far is that they etch their "M" into the aluminum housing. Time will tell if the lenses hold up though.

[URL]https://metalcloak.com/tj-wrangler-rear-aluminum-led-kit.html[/URL]

Do you have a picture of the etching? I'm not seeing it in their photos.