What did you do to your TJ today?

This is not for everybody. In fact, it may not even be for me! But I'm giving it a try and see how well or poorly it works, and what living with this is actually like. Adult cannot sit in back seat this way, but I'm pretty sure granddaughter can (for now).

50e.JPG

600.JPG

601.JPG

602.JPG

603.JPG

604.JPG

605.JPG

Also cleaned and vacuumed the interior. I had a very nice accordion folding sunscreen for the windshield that - much to my annoyance - decided to just puke little bits of flaky paper everywhere. Got that cleaned up. The new sunscreen isn't nearly as nice from a functionality standpoint, but it won't barf paper bits all over the place.

Got the new ranchos on. What a difference in the ride ! Only one broken bolt that I’m still dealing with but lost motivation and ran out of time for this evening. I don’t plan on wheeling it until I get the rear upper bolt fixed so it should be fine for my 5 mile drive to work and back for the time being.

5D318216-589B-4E79-ADBE-4D1585CD89E6.jpeg

A9272638-A4B0-4AE3-8E13-2BBD71E4C090.jpeg

I also added some grab handles to the roll bar today. I have bought some cheap ones in the past that either broke or twisted. I found some on Amazon made by Alien 4x4, these are solid built and seem to be a lot more durable than anything I have had before.
View attachment 364529

I’ve had those same ones for for about a year, holding up so far.

• Love
Reactions: John Cooper
My day off today was running around paying some bills and getting a hair cut.
Too much stress and I can't wind down. Tried to fix the front u-joint and I guess it was the PO put the brake pads on wrong and that was so frustrating Sunday , got too pissed ! Work was stressful Monday and Tuesday and the week isn't going to get any better but at least I am off Sat. & Sun , wife is going to the game Sat. so I can maybe get this thing apart.
Here is the problem I have a pulled muscle in my left shoulder , I could hardly pick up the 31" tire and put it back on . I can't just take it and pay someone to do it because I am sanding and polishing a bearing surface on the shaft were the outer seal rides, this is why some of you don't like them and say they don't work. I will get them to work just fine, you just have to understand the problem and fix it. That's why they have a polished place on the shaft were the inter seal rides on , seal isn't going to last with a shaft turning with a surface rougher than sand paper. I will take pictures and show you how I did it.

Last edited:
This is not for everybody. In fact, it may not even be for me! But I'm giving it a try and see how well or poorly it works, and what living with this is actually like. Adult cannot sit in back seat this way, but I'm pretty sure granddaughter can (for now).

View attachment 364740

View attachment 364741

View attachment 364742

View attachment 364743

View attachment 364744

View attachment 364745

View attachment 364746

I was looking at those X-Bull traction boards and they are a great price to me. Have you used them if so how did they work. They look like the Gen 3 boards.
Has anyone used these , do they help better than sticks and rocks or just a money wasting gimmick ...... just wondering.

I was looking at those X-Bull traction boards and they are a great price to me. Have you used them if so how did they work. They look like the Gen 3 boards.
Has anyone used these , do they help better than sticks and rocks or just a money wasting gimmick ...... just wondering.
Just got 'em today!

Reactions: John Cooper

We've used them a bunch of times. Work good in sand, snow, and mud.

Reactions: SAWB and Zorba
The RJ rear sway bar is coming along.

20221005_103126.jpg

Sinc I have to weld on the axle tab I figured I’d remove the diff so I could replace the stock shock mounts and weld on some heavy duty replacements and mount them in a more stock reference taking into account my pinion angle. That way I shouldn't have any interference with the axle spring perch. Also have chromoly shafts and a disc brake conversion on the way. And while I'm at it I'm installing Currie 4in springs. Take advantage of all this nice weather.

Driving to work I noticed my idle was higher than usual. Like 1,500 RPM compared to the normal 800. I stopped and opened the hood and could hear a vacuum leak and quickly found the purge valve hose had popped off and found it’s way into the power steering pump pulley. Luckily I had enough hose to trim it and put it back together. The header was cherry red and glowing lol it’s always something