What did you do to your TJ today?

It's bad if you drive in a dusty environment. You can pull the tube off of the throttle body and wipe the interior with a cloth to see if dirt is getting by. A dry synthetic media filter (non oiled) on a "cold air intake" or an OEM type paper replacement in the factory box will fix the issue.
Thats great information and I plan on getting it dusty sooner rather than later lol.

• USA Proud
Reactions: L J and RINC
At the risk of getting flamed - Have at it you douchebags!!! (Man, that AdelinesDad thread is going to live forever 🙂) - I run a Spectre Oiled cone filter in my cowl intake setup. But the reason is that it is the only filter which fits in my housing - and I’ve looked hard for a dry cotton alternative which would fit. Here is the filter, and the setup:

F87660B1-B7F8-4685-86DA-5128696E081C.jpeg

FA4E21F8-E04B-4A6F-992A-7BD13683E907.jpeg

Since I’m well aware of the limitations, I’m diligent about keeping it cleaned and oiled. I also carry a freshly oiled spare in the trailer. Since I change it a couple of times a year - and always immediately after hitting Moab - I’m attune to how well it works. I’ve never had dust in the throttle body, so either the Spectre is of better quality (no idea there), or the maintenance I do works, I’m happy with how it filters.

All that having been said, I’d swap over to a dry cotton filter in a heartbeat if I found one which fits. All that maintenance is a pain in the ass…

Good going buddy.... sounds good . WOW you got that done fast, I struggle with everything I do on mine.

If I had a garage or at least a paved driveway it wouldn’t have taken me as long as it did. I had to start by pushing it up a small incline out of a big mud hole that I my driveway lol I’m just now getting over the soreness from that. Other than that the hardest part was getting the transmission to mate back up to the block but after I got some bolts for the block and cut off the heads to use them for alignment dowels I got it in just a few minutes. Definitely a lot of work but it was a good learning experience.

Hit 155,508 miles. Changed my oil and oil filter. Settled on Valvoline partial synthetic high mileage 10w 30.

Greased the 7 zerks on the front end. Is that all of the zerks on a 2001 Sahara? It is all I have found.

It sure is a pleasure working on it on a nice sunny fall day

been a work in progress past two weeks or so, all started with the common soft top rear window zipper pull being worn out and pulling apart in my hands. so much for the use of the bristle brush/zipper lube from bestop.
IMG_4042.jpeg

IMG_4043.jpeg

so the soft top is useless once again... I have two fabric tops from bestop, one which had poor stitching from the factory and a warranty replacement which had the zip just pull free from the fabric but the rear has the ugly bestop logo on it. theres a few amish boat/tarp & canvas repair shops west of me so im probably gonna take the original soft top without the logo and the rear window out and about and have one of the shops fix the thing up so ill be ready for next year.

only quick solution was to take the jeep down to my dads place a hour away topless in 50 degree weather to pull the hardtop out of the barn. blasted it inside and out with the pressure washer, popped it on and drove home.

spent a few hours in the garage applying 5% tint to the rear windows to cover up the fish bowl like oem clear glass. turned out pretty good other than the hydraulic lift mounts twisting the rear hatch glass tint film.

in all honesty I dont mind the hardtop so much now that its tinted. only complaint now of running the hardtop is the weight, jeep drives a bit squirmy with it on.
IMG_4085.jpeg

It’s alive!! Finally got my engine swap completed and I guess I did everything right because it fired up on the first crank and has been running like a champ so far. First engine swap in the books and I finally get to stop driving my wife’s Honda Civic lol

Great Job kincaid ! The only way to do it , is to just do it !
I am sure the rest of your family supported this ass kicking project too !
Now you can tell us the truth , did you wave at other Jeeps driving the Civic ?:LOL:

It’s alive!! Finally got my engine swap completed and I guess I did everything right because it fired up on the first crank and has been running like a champ so far. First engine swap in the books and I finally get to stop driving my wife’s Honda Civic lol

Nice job man. Glad to see it all worked out for you.

Reset the CEL. Trying to get miles on it after what I hope is a repair to my gas tank so I can get through emissions. Went on a 96 mile road trip. No CEL yet.

Now home, 8 miles from the NASCAR race. 3 JRM boys going for the championship. Do it for Dale!!

That damn punk won it. Fuck Ty Gibbs.

Great Job kincaid ! The only way to do it , is to just do it !
I am sure the rest of your family supported this ass kicking project too !
Now you can tell us the truth , did you wave at other Jeeps driving the Civic ?:LOL:

I had to refrain from waving. After two years of driving my Jeep it becomes second nature lol my wife actually cried when I got it running again lol she was so proud of me and excited to go cruising in the TJ again.