What did you do to your TJ today?

My current situation...

20221112_172402.jpg

20221112_184020.jpg

20221112_184044.jpg

20221112_214050.jpg

Last edited:
I have your right up open during it so thank you! Waiting on the ac evaporator so I can put all this back together. It really isn't too bad just tedious while trying not to break clips.

Cool, glad it was helpful. When I did mine, my work schedule was crazy and I was only able to do and hour or two at a time over many days. I was so afraid I was going to forget something. I did a lot of labeling and note taking. 🤣

My wife came out to the shop at one point when I had everything ripped apart and said oh my god, what a nightmare. LOL. I told her it wasn’t difficult at all, just tedious and time consuming.

Last edited:
Cool, glad it was helpful. When I did mine, my work schedule was crazy and I was only able to do and hour or two at a time over many days. I was so afraid I was going to forget something. I did a lot of labeling and note taking. 🤣

My wife came out to the shop at one point when I hade everything ripped apart and said oh my god, what a nightmare. LOL. I told her it wasn’t difficult at all, just tedious and time consuming.

Yeah I had it all apart in a few hours yesterday afternoon but that was after days of reading about the topic from your write up and the other big on tjis site. So thanks again because all the time you spent helped me save some time.

Had my wife help with sitting the dash on the seat as I didn't want to drop it. I put a lot of the bolts back where they go just to keep track of them. The heater box in this is such a bad design IMO.

Doing the radiator, thermostat and water pump at the same time too simce my radiator developed a crack in the plastic last week. So hopefully all fresh and complete by next weeekend.

Got around to installing some Smittybilt tube fenders, new gear oil in the rear diff and threw on a new Yukon cover, and then after all the hard work I had to install my garage beverage opener on the bumper!

View attachment 376071

Why not just use the factory beer openers?

5FBFD9D1-ABB1-4B40-90CD-6D51BE1C27F2.JPEG

Chrysler was kind enough to install one on each side of the Jeep. I've found multiple uses for these things...Opening beer bottles...Ripping the back center belt loop off of every pair of pants I own when exiting the vehicle...They also appear to have something to do with keeping the doors shut when I have them on.

Last edited:
Chrysler was kind enough to install one on each side of the Jeep. I've found multiple uses for these things...Opening beer bottles...Ripping the back center belt loop off of every pair of pants I own when exiting the vehicle...They also appear to have something to do with keeping the doors shut when I have them on.
They catch on skirts too!

I’ll take your word for it.
Snort! Esp. the big skirts used for Belly Dance - I call them "BAGS" - Big Ass Gypsy Skirts". Then that Elegant Gothic Aristocrat outfit I won the Halloween costume contest with - it took me 5 minutes to get all of it into the Jeep! Now that I have the MBZ back, I don't have to hassle with it.

Why not just use the factory beer openers?

View attachment 376521

And they also keep the door from shutting when the seatbelt loops over them... lol