What did you do to your TJ today?

Cowl drain ate it...found it a while back stuck behind the engine. Decided the water in the foot wells might be coming from there...so I made something I could bolt down...ran the hose down just outside the passenger frame.

-Mac

IMG_20221119_165548309.jpg

IMG_20221119_164302028.jpg

IMG_20221119_164238632.jpg

What have I done to my TJ today? Nothing yet, as it's still 0-dark-thirty, but I intend to drive it to the Desert Bar today for some garlic fries and a couple of ice cold Coors Lights. Gonna stop on the way for a can of carb cleaner spray to clean my IAC motor. Maybe I can fix that intermittent no-idle condition without buying an $80 IAC motor.

Installed the Savvy 1.25” body lift. Getting some terrible noise in the front end when in 1st until I get a little speed.
Between the UCF extra clearance skid, engine/oil pan skid and body lift - something isn’t happy.

Don't think it’s the fan shroud I made sure it cleared.

But I’m done with it for today. I’ll pull it back in the garage during the week and investigate.

Pulled the gas filler shut off float and filed down the nubs so it won't stick any more and spill over at fill-up.
I also pulled the old engine and transmission out today while watching the Colts get beat by the Eagles... They almost pulled off a win..

IMG_20221120_163043507_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221120_172523503_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221120_172503436_HDR.jpg

Patiently waiting in the corner..

IMG_20221008_154258923.jpg

Last edited:
Pulled the gas filler shut off float and filed down the nubs so it won't stick any more and spill over at fill-up.
I also pulled the old engine and transmission out today while watching the Colts get beat by the Eagles... They almost pulled off a win..

View attachment 378280

View attachment 378281

View attachment 378282

Patiently waiting in the corner..

View attachment 378302

There is 'nothing' patient about that 5.7L Hemi haha.
Frame looks in good nick from what I can see... (y)

Reactions: Moglocker
There is 'nothing' patient about that 5.7L Hemi haha.
Frame looks in good nick from what I can see... (y)

There is some truth to that.🤪

Thanks, it's in perfect condition because it spent most all it's life in Arizona and has never seen snow or worse of all....ROAD SALT...😡
First TJ I've ever owned that I didn't have to do lots of frame repair..

Reactions: John Cooper
Finally able to do some work on the Jeep again. Got the air line run from the tank to the compressor manifold - the last thing that needed doing before I could power on and test.

Power on. Pressure slowly rises to about 20. I hear a leak from under the Jeep. Drain cock on the water separator was open. Closed it. Pressure rose about medium speed to 70, wouldn't go any higher. Turn off. That damn water separator was leaking from around the bowl. De-pressurize system. Remove bowl - no gasket. Crap. Walk down to Ace and get a coupler to remove/bypass the water separator - damn thing cost almost as much as the separator did! Put that on, start pumping up again. Pressure rose MUCH faster. Pressure switch is supposed to turn off at 145. Its just starting to tickle 145 and the safety valve lets go with a glorious rush of air!

Now its off but sitting at 85PSI, and hasn't leaked down a bit. Safety is rated for 150, obviously I'm inside its tolerance. 175 PSI safety ordered (system is good for 200).

Might be good to turn it on in a drive thru somewhere... :ROFLMAO:

Where did you buy the Hemi from? It looks brand new.

It's an 05 from a low mileage RAM Rumble Bee truck.
I found it on Craigslist 2 weeks before the pandemic shut the country down. So I just stripped it down to the short block, bought new externals and cleaned/painted it as I put it back together. I was laied off for 12 weeks then, so I had the time.

It's an 05 from a low mileage RAM Rumble Bee truck.
I found it on Craigslist 2 weeks before the pandemic shut the country down. So I just stripped it down to the short block, bought new externals and cleaned/painted it as I put it back together. I was laied off for 12 weeks then, so I had the time.

We need to have a clean Hemi contest!

4CAD6D85-9645-4A01-A18C-9C29988CF807.jpeg