What did you do to your TJ today?

Now that I have my firewood in I got back to working on the rear axle. Stuck in some chromoly shafts and installed the BMB rear disc conversion. Next up, Atlas 5:1.

20221123_163847.jpg

Today was a pretty nice day for late November. I took the opportunity to finally get the hard top installed. I do like the look of a Jeep with a hard top. I've got some fitment issues with the doors. This is the first time putting the hard top on. I ordered a set of knobs rather than the torx screws. When those come in I'll hopefully get it adjusted better.

PXL_20221123_202011148.MP.jpg

Now that I have my firewood in I got back to working on the rear axle. Stuck in some chromoly shafts and installed the BMB rear disc conversion. Next up, Atlas 5:1.

View attachment 379041

I think you have those on the wrong side don't you ??? Mine have the calipers trailing not in front . You would have to have the cables loop around for the parking brakes. This is my passenger side backing plate.
1669263282561.png

The parking brake cable comes in from the front as shown in this picture.
1669263184064.png

Also as to calipers the bled fitting goes to the top , so this will tell you which side and as for the pads the wear indicator should be were it would be pushed into the pads not dragged away . This way they make the most noise and they really should be on the inside pads as they wear first.

For some odd reason Centric chose to put the indicator on the outside pad and only on the driver side , I am running the same Centric Fleet Para-aramid composite pads . These are the best for sure , police and emergency vehicles use.
1669265873798.png

1669263078469.png

Last edited:
@Tejasol where is this at?

Check out Maple Hill cemetery in Huntsville Alabama-

It is one of the only cemeteries in the United States with soldiers buried from every conflict -

Every fall they do a thing called the cemetery walk where they have actors in front of some tombs to tell the stories of those buried

I marvel at how many people have died in the world it looks like you would just be going by cemeteries all the time.

Last edited:
I think you have those on the wrong side don't you ??? Mine have the calipers trailing not in front . You would have to have the cables loop around for the parking brakes. This is my passenger side backing plate.
View attachment 379075

The parking brake cable comes in from the front as shown in this picture.
View attachment 379074

Also as to calipers the bled fitting goes to the top , so this will tell you which side and as for the pads the wear indicator should be were it would be pushed into the pads not dragged away . This way they make the most noise and they really should be on the inside pads as they wear first.

For some odd reason Centric chose to put the indicator on the outside pad and only on the driver side , I am running the same Centric Fleet Para-aramid composite pads . These are the best for sure , police and emergency vehicles use.
View attachment 379080

View attachment 379072

You are correct but since I have the rockjock rear sway I had to swap side to side and install a BMB p-brake conversion kit. I'll post a pic of it tomorrow.

Nothing exciting or by fun by far.
Cut off the old engine and steering shaft support mounts which was a little challenging given the location of some of the factory welds, but between a cutoff grinder, sawsall and a chisel got them off pretty cleanly as if they were never there.
I haven't fully welded the new ones on yet because I want to do a test fit with the engine/transmission first just to be sure there's no issues with anything.

Also disassembled, cleaned and greased the steering shaft support bearing while I was there..

IMG_20221123_173024220_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221123_173005132.jpg

IMG_20221123_173011698.jpg

@Tejasol where is this at?

This is North Georgia. If you look up GA Traverse you will see a route that someone put together a long time ago that takes you across the state mostly on Forest Service Roads. We started with that route three years ago. Now we check out all the areas and try to find other hidden gems. There are a lot of old cemeteries out there. We found three on Monday's drive.

put her into hibernation mode for the winter; dry/salt free roads permitting I'll run her for a half hour +/- drive through the country roads every weekend from now until spring, otherwise this is how she'll sit.
I pray for winter and snow to get here so I can take mine out in it. 🥳

p.s. I originally bought my first Jeep to make sure I didn't get stuck in deep snow. My "self-employed" job requires me to drive 100 miles at 2am on back roads (unplowed), 365 days a year. My old Subaru AWD got stuck after only a foot of snow. :(

Last edited:
I pray for winter and snow to get here so I can take mine out in it. 🥳

p.s. I originally bought my first Jeep to make sure I didn't get stuck in deep snow. My "self-employed" job requires me to drive 100 miles at 2am on back roads (unplowed), 365 days a year. My old Subaru AWD got stuck after only a foot of snow. :(

I'm in full blown preservation mode, the future owner of my TJ will be very pleased :LOL:, & my subie is unstoppable in snow. Though, for all of Pennsylvania's faults of which there are a great many, PENNDOT is crackerjack on top of their shit when it comes to snow removal. Given a few hours every street I drive on is clear. Of snow anyway, left behind is a quarter inch of salt... but for my purposes I've never come even close to getting stuck in the Subie, probably the deepest I've driven through virgin snow in it was around 10 inches give or take, effortless.

IMG_1163.jpg

The other part of the truth is I'm not that in love with driving it top up/full doors & windows in, just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I've become way too spoiled driving this thing for fun only, I really only associate it with good weather drives through the country, getting to/from bike trails, bars, and anywhere else where relaxation occurs.... this is more like it:

IMG_2681.jpg

I’ve never done any projects of any sort before with metal. Woodworking though is one of my favorite hobbies, been doing that forever. But yesterday, I went to Lowe’s and got a metal cutting disk for my angle grinder and built this small compartment for the back of my jeep so that I can actually lock stuff in it when the top is off. Nothing fancy, and by no means perfect, but it does the job and I am super happy with it for it being my first project like this.

978456AB-3216-4DFF-A188-FF99D9587680.jpeg

I managed to completely use random leftover materials I had at home, which was nice. I also managed to make it so it bolts on where the roll bars bolt on to the tub, so it comes out pretty easily if I ever need the full back of my car for something. The back seats easily fold up as well when it is in.

Definitely wish I could weld, it would make this a million times better, but I’m gonna start taking classes in January for welding and couldnt be more exited. Looking forward to working with metal more, this was super fun

I'm in full blown preservation mode, the future owner of my TJ will be very pleased :LOL:, & my subie is unstoppable in snow. Though, for all of Pennsylvania's faults of which there are a great many, PENNDOT is crackerjack on top of their shit when it comes to snow removal. Given a few hours every street I drive on is clear. Of snow anyway, left behind is a quarter inch of salt... but for my purposes I've never come even close to getting stuck in the Subie, probably the deepest I've driven through virgin snow in it was around 10 inches give or take, effortless.

View attachment 379133

The other part of the truth is I'm not that in love with driving it top up/full doors & windows in, just doesn't do anything for me anymore. I've become way too spoiled driving this thing for fun only, I really only associate it with good weather drives through the country, getting to/from bike trails, bars, and anywhere else where relaxation occurs.... this is more like it:

View attachment 379136

What I like about Pennsylvania is the little 6" square white road signs with the road numbers on them , you can't read the damn things when it's not snowing , hell you probable can't even find them when it snows !