What did you do to your TJ today?

Damn that 50L cost me $39.20 US here. Gas is $2.97 per gal. at my local Sam's, I thought our gas was high ...... your paying over $10 u.s. per gallon for gas :eek: you poor thing !

Thanks for pointing that out I didn’t realise it was that bad until you did the maths for me 🥹
Lol

$2.59 here in NTX.

Meanwhile, got back to TX after a month in AR, opted to leave the JKU at the cabin since we'll be back in a few weeks and since I have 2 TJ's here already.

What a great plan.

First off, the 97 has a new frameless soft top that has never been installed because when I last drove it a month ago it was in the 80's here. In fact it was 80 yesterday afternoon. But it was 30 that evening, and I have to take my daughter to a softball tournament in FTW over the weekend so I need to put the top on ASAP, which is proving to be no small feat. Why not drive the 02? Well, it doesn't have a heater, rear seat, or a passenger seatbelt. None of these problems seemed urgent when I had nowhere to be and a 3rd jeep to fall back on. So in a rush I ordered seatbelts, heater core, soft top rear window bar, and now have my work cut out for me.

Damn that 50L cost me $39.20 US here. Gas is $2.97 per gal. at my local Sam's, I thought our gas was high ...... your paying over $10 u.s. per gallon for gas :eek: you poor thing !

Clearly, the USA hates England! Since, you know, we control the price of global commodities and everything (at least according to my FB feed).

I just finished replacing my rear main seal. I'd like to thank everyone on here who posts 'how to' and all types of information on our TJ's. I bought a 2005 TJ 6 months ago, and had no idea I would be able to literally rebuild it with all the info I can find on here. Again, many thanks.

Drove BB to work today as always, there is just something about walking out of work after a long day and seeing your Jeep sitting there waiting to take you home!!!!!
20221201_172557_copy_800x600.jpg

All I need are the rotors to complete my rear disc conversion parts, got my Para-aramid rear pads , rotors are supposed to be back in stock the 11th. I'll get all this done when I get it done. It use to be a lot of fun restoring an auto but not so much any more I just want it done so I can get to wearing it out LOL !

I wrote a few weeks back about how I put a new bumper on which required some sort of adjustment to the spare tire mount, and in the meanwhile I am running no spare. The first time out, I got a flat on the rear driver. I already posted about that. Today was the next time I've taken it out since then. As I turned into the neighborhood I got a flat on the rear passenger. I've literally never had a flat in a jeep, and now I've had them in consecutive drives, immediately following removing the spare.

I'd suspect the route was to blame, except that the flats happened along completely different routes.

Last edited:
I wrote a few weeks back about how I put a new bumper on which required some sort of adjustment to the spare tire mount, and in the meanwhile I am running no spare. The first time out, I got a flat on the rear driver. I already posted about that. Today was the next time I've taken it out since then. As I turned into the neighborhood I got a flat on the rear passenger. I've literally never had a flat in a jeep, and now I've had them in consecutive drives, immediately following removing the spare.

I'd suspect the route was to blame, except that the flats happened along completely different routes.

I suspect Murphy’s Law has something to do with that 🤔

All I need are the rotors to complete my rear disc conversion parts, got my Para-aramid rear pads , rotors are supposed to be back in stock the 11th. I'll get all this done when I get it done. It use to be a lot of fun restoring an auto but not so much any more I just want it done so I can get to wearing it out LOL !

I still enjoy the process. My body, not so much.

I finished the unfinished power door lock wiring. It was sorta in the jeep from previous owner,but didn't work well.

View attachment 381133

The insulated crimp hurts my soul. I rewired my 73 Scout after an unrequested release of what we call in the industry "fire," using only those type of crimps. And when I say "only" I mean ONLY. I didn't have a multi meter or a wiring diagram. How I ever completed that will remain a mystery. If I ever use one of those style crimps again it will be an even bigger mystery.

The insulated crimp hurts my soul. I rewired my 73 Scout after an unrequested release of what we call in the industry "fire," using only those type of crimps. And when I say "only" I mean ONLY. I didn't have a multi meter or a wiring diagram. How I ever completed that will remain a mystery. If I ever use one of those style crimps again it will be an even bigger mystery.

I am over 70 years old and this is the first time I have heard anything about them crimp problems. Unless the wire was installed improperly,wrong size connector or the wrong tool had been used, allowing some of the metal part visible on the crimp, to be exposed allowing a possible arc to ground. That's what the fuse is for , to protect the circuit. Some mechanics prefer to see the crimp instead of a soldered joint,as the soldered joint has a higher possibility of not being done correctly. The worst is looking at a crimp job and seeing all yellow connectors,some much bigger than the wire and not insulated, ex; trailer plug wiring would be one.

I just finished replacing my rear main seal. I'd like to thank everyone on here who posts 'how to' and all types of information on our TJ's. I bought a 2005 TJ 6 months ago, and had no idea I would be able to literally rebuild it with all the info I can find on here. Again, many thanks.
The amount of knowledge here is IMPRESSIVE!

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Drove BB to work today as always, there is just something about walking out of work after a long day and seeing your Jeep sitting there waiting to take you home!!!!!
View attachment 381070
I'm so glad to see I am not the only one who feels that way about his TJ... (I even gave mine a pat on the spare tire last night, when walking by it in the garage 🤫)

I am over 70 years old and this is the first time I have heard anything about them crimp problems. Unless the wire was installed improperly,wrong size connector or the wrong tool had been used, allowing some of the metal part visible on the crimp, to be exposed allowing a possible arc to ground. That's what the fuse is for , to protect the circuit. Some mechanics prefer to see the crimp instead of a soldered joint,as the soldered joint has a higher possibility of not being done correctly. The worst is looking at a crimp job and seeing all yellow connectors,some much bigger than the wire and not insulated, ex; trailer plug wiring would be one.

My biggest objection is that they have a tendency to pull apart, especially because the insulated part can catch on stuff if you need to pull wires. But to each his own. Any crimp, insulated or otherwise, can still pull apart if done poorly. It's only been in the last 2 yrs that I feel like I've gotten good at crimping the non-insulated ones. And I still botch maybe 1 in 20, but I can usually save it with a solder if I don't have enough slack to cut & re-strip. My failure rate on the insulated type was about 1 in 3, but you don't usually need to re-cut & strip.

It could be worse. You could be an XJ owner, which means you don't crimp anything. On your best day you'd use wire nuts, which probably means you were out of chewing gum.

• Haha
Reactions: Kiwi TJ