What did you do to your TJ today?

As the NE temps begin to drop the OE shift boot is getting stiffer and a bit annoying. Purchased a Stronghold shift boot before the holidays and got to install it yesterday. It's okay. Made from heavy grade marine vinyl, hand sewn to order. $29. The fit is almost great. Very snug around the shifter trim ring and installs pretty well. The collar around the shifter (B&M Sport Short Shifter in my case) could be a little tighter. My install needs to be adjusted to give a little more slack at the front passenger corner because the boot is very tight when shifting into first. All other gears are fine. I can see this collecting a ton of dust with top down.

2022-12-29 TJ Stronhold Shift Boot 05.jpg

As the NE temps begin to drop the OE shift boot is getting stiffer and a bit annoying. Purchased a Stronghold shift boot before the holidays and got to install it yesterday. It's okay. Made from heavy grade marine vinyl, hand sewn to order. $29. The fit is almost great. Very snug around the shifter trim ring and installs pretty well. The collar around the shifter (B&M Sport Short Shifter in my case) could be a little tighter. My install needs to be adjusted to give a little more slack at the front passenger corner because the boot is very tight when shifting into first. All other gears are fine. I can see this collecting a ton of dust with top down.

View attachment 387905

Looks like an aircraft dash board

Installed a new Lares power steering pump, hoses, and belt on my daughter's Jeep. The Mopar lasted 178,000 miles. Going to take it apart to see what it looks like inside. Front bearing shit the bed on it. I've rebuilt valves and hydraulic motors for work before, wonder if I can get parts to fix the original unit.

installed this mount https://www.lidoradio.com/products/...0-ftm-300-ftm-350-ftm-400-ftm-6000-and-ft-891 for remote head of my ham radio. it's not easy to get to the quick release so I'll try it for awhile and see how frustrating it is. and hopefully the adhesive holds up.

also replaced the door seals as the next step in trying to solve water leaks on the passenger floor. I bought the seals from APDTY https://apdty.com/products/apd-140824?_pos=1&_sid=d66a8ce90&_ss=r based on recommendation of @mrblaine and others here - they were a perfect fit but I snapped the head off the christmas tree pin attachments on both door panels. so frustrating that the heads are so thin compared to the force needed to get those things out. there must be a technique. if anyone has a source for color-matching replacements, I would appreciate the lead.

the hinge-side is only held in place by the insert for the upper-door half but the latch-side is also held by the color-matching christmas tree and another one that is under the door panel. the upper door inserts appear to be directional. the top wants to slope to towards the outside.

IMG_1013.jpg

IMG_1014.jpg

IMG_1004.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1010.jpg

I started the process of repairing the middle body mount areas on the tub/torque box, or so I thought. Nothing is ever easy or goes as planned with our beloved machines as you all well know so I was expecting set backs and I wasn't disappointed.

The good:
-Unseasonably warm weather
-got three of the eleven loose without breaking them; grill support, drivers front(tub), drivers up by the shock
-This is going to be a "valuable learning experience
The bad:
-Broke a 1/2" drive non impact 5/8" socket(my only 1/2" drive 5/8")
-Broke five bolts, one of which is the rear driver
-Three are spinning, one of which is the rear passenger

The really bad:
- I have to cut into the "rear support box"(?) to repair the rear mounts

That was my day. No pics because, well, fuck taking pics right now.

I started the process of repairing the middle body mount areas on the tub/torque box, or so I thought. Nothing is ever easy or goes as planned with our beloved machines as you all well know so I was expecting set backs and I wasn't disappointed.

The good:
-Unseasonably warm weather
-got three of the eleven loose without breaking them; grill support, drivers front(tub), drivers up by the shock
-This is going to be a "valuable learning experience
The bad:
-Broke a 1/2" drive non impact 5/8" socket(my only 1/2" drive 5/8")
-Broke five bolts, one of which is the rear driver
-Three are spinning, one of which is the rear passenger

The really bad:
- I have to cut into the "rear support box"(?) to repair the rear mounts

That was my day. No pics because, well, fuck taking pics right now.

Been there. I used a dremel to open up my rear mounts. Cut it as much as I could with the flex shaft and then chiseled it open. Looks like an old tin can lol I was then able to spray some penetrating oil in there and clean the shit up. Then I tack welded the threaded plates to the solid part of the body and was able to get the bolts out. High torque Milwaukee impact was my best friend for this job

062C49B6-6601-45E9-87CA-2BC293C72271.jpeg

3EA6858D-69AC-4B8C-99A4-5574D44B15C9.jpeg

I put another coat of paint on my engine block today. While I was at it I sanded and cleaned up my oil pan and primed it and then used the engine enamel on it. That shit is super shiny but it looks pretty good compared to the way it looked before. Also put a couple coats of OD green on the timing cover. All I need to paint now is the cylinder head and valve cover. If it won’t run it will at least look good lol

17A003DB-2FCD-49B1-945A-EF961528A3D0.jpeg

A1CB44DD-C220-4261-B9B3-B28A6A3488FB.jpeg

576A7BB8-EE5E-4675-85F2-B926066B6C45.jpeg

3E092A6C-0A39-4E47-A855-F8AB66E226FD.jpeg