What did you do to your TJ today?

Removed the header today. I tried about three times to get it to seal up to the down pipe with no luck. Put the old cast one back on and no more exhaust leak so I guess I’ll just rock it until I can get a whole exhaust setup later on. Also put some different injectors in. They came in the used engine I bought a few months back and looked a lot nicer than the ones I had. Original Mopar brand injectors from a YJ that were bright red compared the the dirt or rust colored ones I was running lol they seem to work fine on the first drive but time will tell.

DA7A021D-1EAA-41A9-B94E-3B7C3BF28C1B.jpeg

1A7AA23A-DD63-4524-9B98-76AE83290466.jpeg

Man they some lucky dogs , got their butt kicked all day and pulled it out. Oh well it will be a better win for the Frogs beating the defending champs ! LOL !

Honestly as a big10 IU alum, I wanted Ohio to beat Georgia and loose to TCU. That and because my neighbor drives a JK with an angry grill and is an obnoxious Ohio alum. (Even if he is a good neighbor)

Ive looking at getting the L710 just like that box from crutchfield. Looks like it was made for that spot. Probably overkill but that's how I roll.

Fits perfectly with the seats in. You can also turn it around so the woofer faces the rear seats. It doesn’t touch and allows you to push it in closer.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
How’s it compare? Are you looking to sell your old setup lol I’m currently trying to upgrade my stock set up

More bass, almost too much for my liking but I’ll keep the gain down. I have my old setup posted in the sell thread. Need to check that now actually, I think someone replied and I forgot about it…

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
More bass, almost too much for my liking but I’ll keep the gain down. I have my old setup posted in the sell thread. Need to check that now actually, I think someone replied and I forgot about it…

Oh I’m definitely interested in buying that set up! Just saw your post. Unfortunately I can’t reply/PM because I don’t have enough ’history’ but I’ll pay your asking price :) I need sub and amp

Honestly as a big10 IU alum, I wanted Ohio to beat Georgia and loose to TCU. That and because my neighbor drives a JK with an angry grill and is an obnoxious Ohio alum. (Even if he is a good neighbor)
I am hoping TCU wins and beats the Dogs because my Uncle Bob went to TCU and he was one of my favorite Uncles ( a great guy) . I can just see him smiling ear to ear with them just going to the play off. I know your smiling down on us , so this win and championship will be for my Uncle Bob , love ya Bob and rooting for your Toads !

Unseasonably warm weather so I started with the tail refresh...

Removed the cheap chinesium LED taillights installed the PO. I had to clearance the passenger side to fit with the RR Spartacus HD hinge and though I siliconed it, water still found its' way in. Part of the refresh is adding a Bestop over-tire cargo basked and replacing the Spartacus hinge and carrier with a Bestop HighRock 4x4 swing away carrier, so the modification to the existing passenger side tail is going to look rank.

Out with the old and in with the Max-Bilt Trail Tails. Installation was one out of five bananas. I had to source a new set of pigtails and spliced it all in super neat. Brake lights are far brighter than what I had. Running lights are about the same and reverse lights are absolutely anemic so I still need the aux reverse lights.

Have to find another solution for my comm's antenna since the mount that goes behind the taillight is now no-bueno.

2023-01-01 MaxBilt Trails 12.jpg

my Christmas gift installed, LED cubes with side shooters on there way, checking out solutions for easy wiring of future things to come... my wife has taken notice of my recent spending habits. My response is that 17 years is a long time for a Jeep to be stock and there is an economy to save. Dangerous conversation- she is heading to the Dallas Market this week and can easily put me in my place.

A6533795-8877-4B97-AB78-68E62D0B2783.jpeg

I rotated the tires today. And replaced the spare lugnut I misplaced somewhere on the road.

I'm glad I looked today. But it shouldn't have taken hours this afternoon to rotate tires.

Who puts a thin brake rotor plate so close you can't get the studs in? A hammer and rod fixed that design flaw.

20230102_142557.jpg

Crack failure.

20230102_160641.jpg

Put a new grill insert in the tj totally forgot to take a pic lol. Also put a new double din in the xk for the daughter she is loving the xk.

View attachment 388961

Wiring the backup camera into the xk totally sucked had the lift gate half apart and just running the wires made me remember why I love working on the TJ so much less bullshit in the way lol.