What did you do to your TJ today?

got the first coat of paint on my gray mouser platform. Took way too long to get there. Should get the last coat on tomorrow - then hopefully finish it Sunday after the rain.

Reactions: John Cooper
got the first coat of paint on my gray mouser platform. Took way too long to get there.
I have no idea what you're talking about. :unsure: :geek:
Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser are two sword-and-sorcery heroes appearing in stories written by American author Fritz Leiber. They are the protagonists of what are probably Leiber's best-known stories.
If Gray Mouser is really high level, the 15th level rogue ability Slippery Mind gives proficiency in saving throws, but he could of course just take the Resilient feat at an earlier level. On a historical note, according to Dragon.

Last edited:
I cook some fish occasionally.
AE8BE26F-89AC-4B1A-99A5-E3D6FF0E9903.jpeg

I'm still chasing vibrations. I didn't have them with the stock rear control arms, but I must admit they may have been small enough that I wasn't noticing them and they are a little stronger now. The stock arms didn't look bad, but were original, so they may have been worn enough to not transmit the vibration into the cab as much.

The vibration are much less than yesterday so my readjustment helped. I lined up the angles the same.

Oh well, I guess it's back under the snowy wet Jeep again tonight to futz around with it. I wasn't planning on a new driveshaft and/or SYE. But it may be in the future plans now.

I have no idea what you're talking about. :unsure: :geek:
Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser are two sword-and-sorcery heroes appearing in stories written by American author Fritz Leiber. They are the protagonists of what are probably Leiber's best-known stories.
If Gray Mouser is really high level, the 15th level rogue ability Slippery Mind gives proficiency in saving throws, but he could of course just take the Resilient feat at an earlier level. On a historical note, according to Dragon.

Wow - its been YEARS since I've thought of these. Pretty good reads as I recall.

I'm still chasing vibrations. I didn't have them with the stock rear control arms, but I must admit they may have been small enough that I wasn't noticing them and they are a little stronger now. The stock arms didn't look bad, but were original, so they may have been worn enough to not transmit the vibration into the cab as much.

The vibration are much less than yesterday so my readjustment helped. I lined up the angles the same.

Oh well, I guess it's back under the snowy wet Jeep again tonight to futz around with it. I wasn't planning on a new driveshaft and/or SYE. But it may be in the future plans now.

I installed a 2.5 inch lift to accommodate my Gladiator 33" take offs and now I have vibration as well.

I have a set of front and rear trackbars and adjustable rear upper control arms that I hope is able to tame it.

Though honestly, it looks like it lifted the rear more than 2.5 inches (curse me for not taking a before measurement) and I may just put the factory rear springs back in and add THESE to get it to the height I want.

41k2e+iEthL._AC_.jpg

Reactions: matkal
I hope this will solve my cylinder 3 misfire after pulling into a gas station after a 90 min drive. 3 times now this past year after getting off the interstate to top up it would start but stumble for a few seconds.

Found several threads on about this topic and am trying what @Jerry Bransford recommend in a thread.

Fingers crossed!

650C9FAF-E35B-4D45-9AAC-1872F7291439.jpeg

Last edited:
I hope this will solve my cylinder 3 misfire after pulling into a gas station after a 90 min drive. 3 times now this past year after getting off the interstate to top up it would start but stumble for a few seconds.

Found several threads on about this topic and am trying what @Jerry Bransford recommend in a thread.

Fingers crossed!

If that doesn't solve it, and it's happening after refueling, check the purge solenoid for the EVAP system. If that gets stuck open, the vapors from refueling that are in the charcoal canister will be drawn into the intake manifold upon start-up. The engine will run rough due to the rich condition until the vapors are burned up. I've dealt with this problem many times over the years on other vehicles (not yet on my LJ, though).

Edited to add: Normal operation is the purge solenoid is closed until the system goes into closed-loop mode after start-up and warm-up are complete.

Rough-running immediately after re-fueling is a tell-tale sign of the purge solenoid stuck open.

• Love
Reactions: Noxid
Got my pinion pointed in the right direction today. About to take it for a test drive and check for proper function. The length of the splines splines showing, blue included is 3-1/2 inches so I feel better knowing it’s under the recommended 4” maximum length.

2FED3F9C-390C-4F3F-B311-7CCA487646E4.jpeg

If that doesn't solve it, and it's happening after refueling, check the purge solenoid for the EVAP system. If that gets stuck open, the vapors from refueling that are in the charcoal canister will be drawn into the intake manifold upon start-up. The engine will run rough due to the rich condition until the vapors are burned up. I've dealt with this problem many times over the years on other vehicles (not yet on my LJ, though).

Edited to add: Normal operation is the purge solenoid is closed until the system goes into closed-loop mode after start-up and warm-up are complete.

Rough-running immediately after re-fueling is a tell-tale sign of the purge solenoid stuck open.

Thanks for this. As cheap as the this purge solenoid is (LINK) (Cheaper on Amazon) I will just buy a new one and replace it. I had self diagnoised as heat sink as it has only done it after a sustained hwy speed run and not on any other fill ups during my running around town or back road exploring around here. But for 50 bucks, and I have no idea if the one I have is original to the jeep or not, sounds like cheap insurance to just replace it.

A bad purge selonoid valve will also create a condition that will cause the vehicle to start, then immediately shut off after filling the fuel tank. Had that issue on the wife’s Grand Cherokee until I was able to figure it out.

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Noxid
Thanks for this. As cheap as the this purge solenoid is (LINK) (Cheaper on Amazon) I will just buy a new one and replace it. I had self diagnoised as heat sink as it has only done it after a sustained hwy speed run and not on any other fill ups during my running around town or back road exploring around here. But for 50 bucks, and I have no idea if the one I have is original to the jeep or not, sounds like cheap insurance to just replace it.

You can pull off the vacuum line from it and see if it pulses. If it’s clicking and opening and closing then it’s working. Might save ya $50 lol

Reactions: Noxid
Got my pinion pointed in the right direction today. About to take it for a test drive and check for proper function. The length of the splines splines showing, blue included is 3-1/2 inches so I feel better knowing it’s under the recommended 4” maximum length.

View attachment 393661

You are golden now,looks just like mine