What did you do to your TJ today?

Here are my angle measurements on the transfer case and pinion. I checked it with a cell phone app. The driveshaft is 20.2 degrees. So people can check my math. I measured each control arm to make sure the axle is square. Joints are two days old. No impact on the drive shaft so I cant see it being out of balance. I can't figure this out. I thought I had both angle finders on the same zero, but the difference is basically zero.

View attachment 395899

View attachment 395900

View attachment 395904

View attachment 395901

View attachment 395902

View attachment 395907

Did you have the driveline balance checked?

I haven't taken the drive shaft in to check balance, but I'm not sure why it suddenly would go out of balance without getting hit. I guess I could try that, but based on my measurements, the angles are 14.3 degrees so it may just be too much.
Can you feel any transverse play on the slip yoke at the rear TC bearing or at the pinion?

Reactions: Kiwi TJ
Started locker and gear install.

1000000921.jpg

1000000923.jpg

I thought about that, but I have serious vibrations, loud noise, and now leaking, with the rear set up properly with adjustable control arms. I'm down to the transfercase rear bearing. I took the rear driveshaft off and drove it. I was amazed at how quiet it was compared to the regular noise. I think it's been building over time. My vibrations are from 25mph to 50mph and go away without the rear driveshaft in. They are the worst at 25-30 at 2000 rpm.

I have a stock tail housing with good bearing sitting outback from where I did my SYE a week or two ago. You’re welcome to it !