What did you do to your TJ today?

Mine was picked up and delivered to the shop that's going to rebuild the front axle and drain and replace gear oil in both axles, including new hubs. Also finally install the 2.5" lift and shocks per @CodaMan's cheap lift, install the rear track bar bracket, and sway bar disconnects.

View attachment 396918
You might need some new u-joints in those front axles !

Reactions: DavidBT
A vision from my future...

Is that a shop light on the door jamb?

59536_W3.jpg

59536_W4.jpg

59536_W6.jpg

59536_W7.jpg

59536_W8.jpg

59536_W10.jpg

59536_W11.jpg

BRAUN

500 Lumen LED Rechargeable Magnetic Handheld Foldable Slim Bar Work Light​

Link to light

Not bad for 30 bucks , you can find some neat stuff at HF !

Last edited:
Changed my oil today. Also while I was down there I checked my front and rear pinion angles because I’m getting a vibration after 60 mph. Looks like the front might be pointed a little bit high and the rear is within a degree of dead on. Sounds like a weekend job, like this weekend lol

487F7C45-1B85-4033-AC4E-6246AAFC9AC9.jpeg

ADED9284-A050-4886-BC41-2FEC3D688D66.jpeg

2003 should have the two-piece header right? Surprised it cracked. Might be worth putting a flexible section downstream before the cat. I did that on my '98 with the one-piece header, good so far.

Well the header is one piece the cats are the other

I agree but where this is breaking not sure it will matter

Reactions: MikeE024
I'm very jealous of that console! Both of my TJs have been the tan interior, but this white X has some stubby cover over the shifter with NO console behind it. Who designed this...

Was going to test fit my rod bearings and on the first one I plastigauged the crank scratched the bearing surface 🤦🏼‍♂️ I then looked over the whole surface of the crank to find two minor imperfections that can hang up on the fingernail on the same rod journal. Turns out it’s the number one cylinder , the same one the piston skirt broke on. I’m wondering if it was the cause of the problem or the aftermath. I then proceeded to order more standard bearings as I was going to start with the standard and then work my way out as needed checking the clearances as I went. Now I’m working on seeing if this will polish out or if I’ll need to have it machined. Rock auto had a crank listed a month or so ago for a little over $400 if I remember correctly. Hopefully it doesn’t come down to that yet.

B4F87EE3-15CF-49A2-9320-090D807A5A65.jpeg