What did you do to your TJ today?

Time to say goodbye to the South Island…a fantastic break and the scenery down here is stunning.
Started the trip back home at 4am drove 5 hours to catch the 10am ferry…..and may do another 2 hours when I reach the other side… then I only have 7 hours to drive tomorrow. 🤔

1A9E8546-04E0-4E7D-A1CA-8B93A935D201.jpeg

F315B536-E5B8-426B-8BF6-7E37E5AF2FC6.jpeg

5916B459-33A2-4F26-BC8A-F013FEE0150A.jpeg

7B526CEC-283C-480F-A7E8-DE5584C1C491.jpeg

and all this time I thought you liked the way your hood looked- anti glare feature think they call that. honwstly there is a lot of scratches/ chips in my paint but at 5 feet it looks pretty darn good

Took an early morning drive after I got off work at 5am. It was 16 degrees and my aluminum shift knob helped keep me awake. I think my hand stuck to it. 🥶
View attachment 397554

I pulled mine out of the garage yesterday and planned to go for a short ride as well. However, with the side and back windows out, the 30° temperature and gusty winds, I changed my mind and put it back in the garage. This morning was 14°, so it won't be better today. The good news is tomorrow is looking much better!

Last edited:
I pulled mine out of the garage yesterday and planned to go for a short ride as well. However, with the side and back windows out, the 30° temperature and gusty winds, I changed my mind and put it back in the garage. This morning was 14°, so it won't be better today. The good news is tomorrow is looking much better!

Thats some good wheeling weather. Will be to hot out here. Forecast is a high of 76deg.

• Haha
Reactions: Blondie70 and Irun
Was going to test fit my rod bearings and on the first one I plastigauged the crank scratched the bearing surface 🤦🏼‍♂️ I then looked over the whole surface of the crank to find two minor imperfections that can hang up on the fingernail on the same rod journal. Turns out it’s the number one cylinder , the same one the piston skirt broke on. I’m wondering if it was the cause of the problem or the aftermath. I then proceeded to order more standard bearings as I was going to start with the standard and then work my way out as needed checking the clearances as I went. Now I’m working on seeing if this will polish out or if I’ll need to have it machined. Rock auto had a crank listed a month or so ago for a little over $400 if I remember correctly. Hopefully it doesn’t come down to that yet.

View attachment 397441

Looks like it should polish out to me !