What did you do to your TJ today?

Dropped my TJ off at a mechanic for diagnostics. Misfire started 2 days ago and I can’t figure it out. P0352 code and cylinder misfire on 2 and 5. Replaced plugs with auto light Iridium’s and ignition coil pack. Problem persists. Changed crank, camshaft, and throttle position sensors. Also checked all O2 sensor and they were good. She cranks over fine but runs like crap. Any suggestions?

Out with the old. In with the new. Savvy 4wd shifter cable kit installed in 2 hours.

4wd shop wanted $170 to install it. So far, I've saved $1,100 in labor by installing the Savvy body lift, M.O.R.E. bombproof motor mount lift, and the Savvy 4wd shifter cable kit myself.

KBPkva83WPyvQvNpBzPr6SAuA=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

xG2VihkfD-390G_ChOcgB26YA=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

kjW4AegLJQtUudch7_TU9Q_8A=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

cxbzviS-oVRciQPb3qoSmaCZA=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

5AZUAPsKo8-8vwfNFe84UlMTw=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

lAKcC3KAkKOhxUheFe3Rm06tug=w703-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

xdsQxaBsxN_dq42UlpMyzAJPQ=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

R6cvVUMtQErsUFH7tcYpZkgZw=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

CLrqwzLEaDZLg6CcS0qPd_wzw=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0.jpg

Out with the old. In with the new. Savvy 4wd shifter cable kit installed in 2 hours.

4wd shop wanted $170 to install it. So far, I've saved $1,100 in labor by installing the Savvy body lift, M.O.R.E. bombproof motor mount lift, and the Savvy 4wd shifter cable kit myself.

View attachment 405971

View attachment 405972

View attachment 405973

View attachment 405974

View attachment 405975

View attachment 405976

View attachment 405977

View attachment 405978

View attachment 405979

I’ve got one that I need to find the time to install. I would already have it on if it weren’t for a snafu with my order being lost or possibly never shipped out when they said. I had my transfer case out for a SYE a little while ago, so at least all the bolts are freshly broken loose lol

I’ve got one that I need to find the time to install. I would already have it on if it weren’t for a snafu with my order being lost or possibly never shipped out when they said. I had my transfer case out for a SYE a little while ago, so at least all the bolts are freshly broken loose lol

I got a JB SSSYE and a new Tom Woods double cardan driveshaft waiting to go in as well. Kinda wish I had time to take the transfer case off to do it. This is my daily driver tho. I gotta sneak these parts on as fast as possible whenever I get the chance.

I got a JB SSSYE and a new Tom Woods double cardon driveshaft waiting to go in as well. Kinda wish I had time to take the transfer case off to do it. This is my daily driver tho. I gotta sneak these parts on as fast as possible whenever I get the chance.

Took me 3-4 hours. It wasn’t that bad of a job if you have all the right tools and supplies ready.

Reactions: R3ID05TJ and matkal
I do like those wheels 🛞…. Pray tell, what might they be ???

Thanks! They're MB Motorsport Razors. I don't know if the brand is still around; they were Discount Tire's 'house brand' for many years (big chain here in the US). They were on the TJ when I bought it and I believe this wheel went out of production around 2010ish. Took 2 years of looking to find a matching 5th for my spare.

Dropped my TJ off at a mechanic for diagnostics. Misfire started 2 days ago and I can’t figure it out. P0352 code and cylinder misfire on 2 and 5. Replaced plugs with auto light Iridium’s and ignition coil pack. Problem persists. Changed crank, camshaft, and throttle position sensors. Also checked all O2 sensor and they were good. She cranks over fine but runs like crap. Any suggestions?

How many miles on it? Might be time to pull the timing cover and check your chain and gears. Also have you checked your injectors?

• Installed the JeepCables.com Big-7 cable upgrade in anticipation of upgrading the alternator in the spring.
  • Jeep started to show signs of heat soak as the summer ended. Installed the Design Engineering Fuel Rail and Injector insulation kit. Let's see if that solves the issue.
  • Oil Change
I still giggle like a little girl when I drive the TJ. Can't way to go "less" !! Topless and Doorless!

Brown delivered some more stuff to play with.. Three cans of self etching primer, POR15 Metal Prep, Scotch Brite Pads and two cans of SEM Trim black so I can finish the bumpers. Also delivered a HiLift jack board I am going to modify to accept the bottle jack. The kit included a HiLift handle bracket thing.. Free to anyone who wants it. No HiLift for me. RotoPaX mounts arrived yesterday.

Last edited:
Fucked up a couple more pistons today. I guess this method will take some more practice but I gave it a shot. Looks like I may have to find a machine shop to fix my shit. So much for being self sufficient lol

View attachment 404441

View attachment 404442

Did you toss bushings in freezer first? Sometimes that can help when the tolerance is that tight. Also prob need a wider spread tip for torch, need much more heat and evenly applied.