What did you do to your TJ today?

Adding a splash of tan to my interior in a non-traditional way. Don't know how it's going to look. Worth finding out.

1000016556.jpg

I was blasting King Buffalo (love that band) in the garage and working on the Jeep. I ended up getting the trailer hitch installed on the back. Up front, I got the Nilite 7" round lights installed. Damn, these things are bright!

I got some fog light pigtails with the wiring harness. I spliced them into the lights and used some solder seal connectors instead of traditional solder. I found these connectors when doing the stereo work and I liked them then. So, I put them here. I then put another layer of shrink tubing over that just to make it look nice.

Damn, this front end is looking nice!

View attachment 539212

View attachment 539213

View attachment 539214

View attachment 539215

Sure is - rig looks in good shape.

Pulled a vacuum on my coolant system and it held and it quickly sucked up the coolant!
20240630_221827.jpg

Welp she's good,I got spooked but she definitely got toasty! She's right a bit under 210 on the highway😁
20240701_000146.jpg

And after idling for over 15 minutes in the McDonald's drive thru with the AC on,she's sticks up at 210,Chickie nuggiez will be acquired 😆.....once this post is up ! And after that gotta wake up at 5 Am for work🙃
20240701_001152.jpg

Anyways goodnight/Goodmorning yall 😁
Wrote all this in the McDonald's drive thru and I'm still in it as I'm about to post this....

What a Rollercoaster this has been man,got the steering done and jeep drives amazing,drove it over 100 miles today and wham the radiator gave out,but she's runs and hauls again !

Wow 320K... Good for you. How many motors if any ? What about clutches and any other maintenance ?

When I bought it it had about 310k on it with "about 10k" on a "gone through" engine. That engine developed a rod knock within 500 miles. So I guess you could say 2.5 to 3rd engine. Auto trans rebuilt at 130k and the rear axle was rebuilt at some point. Everything else is maintenance or regular wear items.

Blew up my passenger rear bilstein 5100, ordered some fox to try them out. Also bent my currie tie rod pretty good last weekend, got it as straight as I could with a press.
View attachment 539317
I've got to know how you blow up a Bilstein shock?

Prior to this, did you like the Bilstein shocks? I've been looking at them to replace the garbage Zone shocks on mine.

Fixed my DW by replacing the track bar, then took it on a long test drive to make sure it was fixed. All was great, until it started to choke, backfire and not run. Just like it did when I got the P0340 camshaft position sensor code and replaced that. It even had light smoke coming out somewhere near the manifold. I walked 5 miles to get home and have to wait until 2:30 for my wife to get off work so I can get my other car (HOA won't let me park 3 vehicles here). I have no clue what's going on.:mad:
p.s. Code P1391
p.p.s. I just did the ECU/PCM reboot engine thing and it started and runs normal........for now. I don't trust it to drive far from the house. Next time it does it I'll disconnect the camshaft position sensor and see if it runs better/at all. Crankshaft position sensor was replaced by the PO about 5-6 years ago.

Last edited:
p.s. Code P1391
I'll say it again, but now, with more evidence, I'll say it more strongly. You should find a way to run the SET SYNC procedure. Again, here's more information. Keep in mind that you may not need a DRBIII to do so. Cheaper alternatives have proven to work with the NGC PCM in the last model year TJs, and they may also work with the JTEC+ in yours. And lest you think I'm a broken record (a dated reference, but I know you're old enough to get that one), here's the P1391 section of the JTEC+ Powertrain Diagnostic Procedures Manual:
1719866951121.png

1719867011098.png

1719867037405.png

1719867067707.png

Notice Cam/Crank sync is the first item? Not to say that it's definitely your issue, since there are 7 other possible causes (oddly, "Tone wheel/pulse ring inspection" is mentioned twice), but if you can do it, it's easy, and fairly quick to do.

That's the way I cleaned it today. Looks a lot better.

whenever I start cleaning mine, I just think I'll just clean this part... then the surrounding parts look worse next to that clean part so I clean those... then the surrounding parts of that look bad so I clean those....then the surrounding parts of that look bad...(you see where I'm going with this ) :p

cleaned some of the engine today. I took before and after pics. Cleaned heater core hoses, radiator hoses, valve cover,horn,air filter tube and a few others. Not a bad start.

20240630_202824.jpg

20240630_202817.jpg

20240629_193118.jpg

our rig came with these strange curb feeler, “armor webbing” bars on the rear 1/4 panels:
IMG_8902.jpeg

Today, finally, after 6 months we decided we couldn’t stand them any more… 😂😂😂
took some time and deleted them leaving the hardware as-is in the mounting holes for now. (Might weld/plug them later):

IMG_8905.jpeg