What did you do to your TJ today?

I'm installing some spacers under the drivers seat to make some room for a small subwoofer I'm going to design and build for it. I found a driver that works well in a small box that I'm going to use. Nothing too big, just some bottom end fill. I don't need to rattle everyone at a stop light.

Reactions: RussTJ
Installed a Banks Ram air intake on Saturday, makes the 4.0 sound a whole lot meaning at WOT. Also, feel like i gained some power. Original idea was to gain some MPGs but that might be hard now that I like the sounds at WOT. Will be installing a magnaflow system in the next few weeks.

Sunday, installed some 1 inch coil spacers to even out the front with the rear. Front sits a tab bit higher now but that'll change after I upgrade my rear bumper to one with a tire carrier and put a 35 inch spare on there. Then I'll add a 1 inch spacer to the rear to compensate for any sagging that might come from that weight!

I did some touch up paint under the door hinges. Looked like somebody got a little ham-handed with the open end of a wrench taking the doors off...

Reactions: RussTJ
I'm installing some spacers under the drivers seat to make some room for a small subwoofer I'm going to design and build for it. I found a driver that works well in a small box that I'm going to use. Nothing too big, just some bottom end fill. I don't need to rattle everyone at a stop light.

I did the seat riser lift for the same reason, 1.5 inches makes a huge difference, i was suprised.

Added a hitch receiver and a bike rack. Now no more extra weight on tailgate.
IMG_4938.JPG

I run this sub in my center console,
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_068RTW84/RetroSound-R-TW84.html
It's very low profile and puts out good base for its size. Might give you a bit more room.

Reactions: 05pf13 and Oscar
Installed my replacement arb compressor motor, back up to full power now.

Then took apart my brakes looking for why I was getting a metal on metal sound

b454e5c907e0ac95b81b27c297fe5515.jpg

Yep those pads have lots of life on one side and zero on the other. Guess that's a new set of rear pads and some new slider pins. DOH!

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: Dawghouse
Finished painting my JCR sliders...
1wOHQ63F-2tZBPBeBAshCJYg68tJ8oKW4t0g6SolHKNAzsdi3jTZoKsl3uHK_lLm8RIotQH18bQ87q8CbM=w1133-h638-no.jpg

Gloss came out pretty good for an amateur painter like me...some orange peel, but not to bad for tractor paint. I used a Devilbiss HVLP gun with hardener and thinner (all Majic brand from my local farm store). I've had good luck with this paint on mower decks, so I thought it would be good for Rock sliders
Ql5NblWDgCbvhEbKSRKgR7W2O6ZTXAo-s3aldIGnUAg3vsKVmZA4rFuR1zzx5H7IbxfxwRoCVu59UZioui=w1133-h638-no.jpg

In the middle of valve cover replacement on the 05, removal was not nearly the nightmare I have read about. I did head warnings and loosened up everything to get the bridge with enough room to get it off. We will see how hard the replacement will be. Does anyone know the torque specs of the valve cover bolts?

Finished painting my JCR sliders...
View attachment 43089

Gloss came out pretty good for an amateur painter like me...some orange peel, but not to bad for tractor paint. I used a Devilbiss HVLP gun with hardener and thinner (all Majic brand from my local farm store). I've had good luck with this paint on mower decks, so I thought it would be good for Rock sliders
View attachment 43090
Look plenty good enough for a rock slider. They probably won't ever look that good again :D

Installed the Garvin Wilderness Expedition Rack.
If you have a Smittybilt XRC rear bumper you will have to do modifications to the lower body mount brackets and it will make you call your rig a pos for an hour or so. Once you get it to finally fit right youll take everything you said back and enjoy the look and function of your new rack.
b02539ae7b5121639e2cc8dfb6a97ad9.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Installed hood louvres! This was an impulse purchase. Used 98 Grand Cherokee hood louvres in my Jeep's stone white color. $119 on eBay, ouch!
But they are functional and will help keep under hood temps down. Plus they add a unique look to a TJ that is beyond cool.
20180603_104428.jpg

I like how this little project turned out. :)

Installed hood louvres! This was an impulse purchase. Used 98 Grand Cherokee hood louvres in my Jeep's stone white color. $119 on eBay, ouch!
But they are functional and will help keep under hood temps down. Plus they add a unique look to a TJ that is beyond cool.View attachment 43156
I like how this little project turned out. :)
I'm a fan as well. Luckily, a buddy had a parts Jeep and gave me the louvres for free.
MVIMG_20180324_151242.jpg