What did you do to your TJ today?

Grease, Oil, Filter, Rotate...

IMG_4654.JPG

Got some good garage time in this weekend, between the other stuff on the honey do list. Started installing my sliders. Didn't quite go as planned, will update in my build thread. They look damn good though...
View attachment 43903

View attachment 43904

I also worked on my new rear bumper. I bought one of those EAG one on Amazon. It looks well built, and well finished. However that is where the praise ends. Their no-drill, no mod installation? FALSE! Running 32" tires, the tire contacted the top of the bumper...Also, I had to drill a couple (4) holes in my crossmember for mounting bolts. Oh, and those bolts are IMPOSSIBLE (well, maybe just very difficult) to get to without dropping the fuel tank. When I contacted them...they listened, then went away. Like, didn't respond at ALL. I left them a shitty review. Anyway, after I got the Rugged Ridge Spare tire bracket the bumper fits great...and bonus, it hides the big, ugly butt crack left over from my body lift. Don't stalk my from my license plate!

View attachment 43905

View attachment 43902

Wow Ranger, those JCR sliders are sweet. Might have to put a pair of those on the wish list for way down the line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: Mike_H
Some of you may remember my difficulty finding a matching size spare tire, finally found a 33' and a wheel(Not a Duratrac but it'll do), thanks to Quadratec offering tire/wheel pairs. So I installed a tire carrier extension and the tire yesterday.
I’m still waiting for my tire guy to find a 33”. Arghhh! Nice find. Looks good

New roof rack update!
Yakima LoadWarrior+Extension up there now with a fresh coat of truck bed liner on it. This basket literally fits the length of the TJ hardtop perfect. The front fairing even follows the same angle as the windshield.
IMG_8299.JPG

New roof rack update!
Yakima LoadWarrior+Extension up there now with a fresh coat of truck bed liner on it. This basket literally fits the length of the TJ hardtop perfect. The front fairing even follows the same angle as the windshield.View attachment 44145
That's the best looking roof rack I've seen! Nice work, good choice, clean lines

Reactions: EJD
That's the best looking roof rack I've seen! Nice work, good choice, clean lines
Wow, thanks man!

I have to say i'm loving it too, it even came with these extra accessory crossbars to go width-wise in the basket to divide it into sections or to mount other things onto it as well. Looking forward to loading it out and I think it will make a good overlanding addition.

Think i'm taking a father's day trip up to North Cascades NP to explore, so i'll get more pics in the field. Also more pics in my build thread.

Wow, thanks man!

I have to say i'm loving it too, it even came with these extra accessory crossbars to go width-wise in the basket to divide it into sections or to mount other things onto it as well. Looking forward to loading it out and I think it will make a good overlanding addition.

Think i'm taking a father's day trip up to North Cascades NP to explore, so i'll get more pics in the field. Also more pics in my build thread.
I look forward to those pics. Love to see TJ's getting out there! Wish I had a big Jeep exploration trip planned this Father's Day! The lake for us, will be okay with some brewskies...

Reactions: EJD
So last night after sitting in the office all day in the AC, I drove home and pulled into the driveway. It was 109 outside, and I noticed as I grabbed my mail that my brake lights were still on. Argh. I was already sweating and the thought of crawling under the dash was making me quiver. I thought I was going to cry. I am not the most agile guy crawling under the dash, and it was so efing hot. I really didn't want to deal with it.

So I hopped back into the TJ, and raced down the Car Quest and picked up a new brake switch. and came back, it was soo freaking hot. So I found a cloth bag in the car, and I shoved it up in between the switch and the brake pedal, so the lights would go out, and that worked. My other truck has the dash ripped out because I am in the middle of putting a stereo so both of my rigs were down.

I went out and put the wires in for the backup camera in my Ram in the garage and waited for it to get dark. Once it got dark it dropped 20 degrees, and I still wasn't looking forward to putting in the brake light switch. But it had to be done

I pulled the lower dash panel under the steering wheel, and then the metal plate. I crawled under the dash as far as I could but was fighting the driver door, so I just popped the door off, and reached up and pulled the switch off, then unplugged it. Plugged in the new switch and popped it back in and pulled the piston out to adjust it. Then I replaced the panels and the door. In total took less than 10 minutes to fix.

Now the brake lights work as they should again.

Been fighting a cold all week, but felt good enough today to put the soft top down. Jeep has developed a high pitch whistle when I decelerate or put the clutch in to shift gears. always something, ugh!

My favorite Jeep color combo. I was looking and looking to find a Rubicon in that green + black combo, but had to compromise and settle on getting an all black one. Enjoy your TJ!
True story - I was looking for all black, but the green has grown on me... :beer-toast1:

Magnets....I had a solid surface shelf cut, but I’m going to make a new plywood one tomorrow to make it lighter...I’ll through together some simple plans and post them. Made this just combining everyone else’s idea...thanks everyone!

Reactions: JMT
Took my fenders off today to replace them with new OEM style ones.. Never knew what I was getting into. Pain in the a**! In the process I parked the Jeep a few yards away, then parked it back.

Then as I was walking away I notice a few puddles underneath. My parking spot is immaculate so something was up. I go underneath and start touching everything that looked wet. Touch smell, touch smell, and nothing that I could figure out. I start it and go underneath. I noticed water drops coming from the muffler, worried about the head gasket I turn it off and go on my phone. Turns out its normal for the muffler to leak water?!?

Never had a vehicle I could easily see underneath so it was a bit nerve wracking seeing all these spots underneath the transfer case! But once I checked again I confirmed it was odorless clean water from the muffler. I guess when it cools it takes water from the air. Being that I drove it a few yards away then back, I had water that collected in there.

Last edited: