What did you do to your TJ today?

Drive up to that swap meet in NE Georgia today. Swap meet was ok, hopefully it’ll grow in size, but I did get to ogle their CJ collection. This is probably the nicest Alaskan Postal left in the country. CJ10 behind it is for sale too. View attachment 45940

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Sexy

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Accessorized!

I installed the Rugged Ridge tray and phone mount, and drilled out the phone mount so I could flip it and still have some clearance from the tray and dash vents. Thanks @BigWheel88!

Installed GraBars so the wife has an easier time getting in.

Deleted the milk jugs. Whoa!

Accessorized!

I installed the Rugged Ridge tray and phone mount, and drilled out the phone mount so I could flip it and still have some clearance from the tray and dash vents. Thanks @BigWheel88!

No pics?? Dude...:2guns:

Accessorized!

I guess you haven't heard about one of the Rules here?......."Pictures or it didn't happen ".

I guess you haven't heard about one of the Rules here?......."Pictures or it didn't happen ".

Sorry to tease you guys like that. Here are the money shots.

Front end showing a lot more exposed tire: :icon_domokun:
IMAG0611.jpg

Rear end without the jugs, which were making nice little homes for Brown Widows:
IMAG0609.jpg

GraBars installed. Not sure if I'm going to bother putting the plastic trim back on or not. Didn't have a 1/2" drill bit handy so I have some time to consider it.
IMAG0612.jpg IMAG0613.jpg

Rugged Ridge tray and phone holder, with the holder flipped down:
IMAG0615.jpg

And bonus pics of the sun shield I cut the other day from an extra large $9 shield off Amazon. Fits the windshield very nicely and the visors hold it securely. I just traced the outside window seal on some butcher paper and cut to fit, then added a cutout for the mirror.
IMAG0626.jpg
IMAG0627.jpg

Sorry to tease you guys like that. Here are the money shots.

Front end showing a lot more exposed tire: :icon_domokun:
View attachment 46011

Rear end without the jugs, which were making nice little homes for Brown Widows:
View attachment 46010

GraBars installed. Not sure if I'm going to bother putting the plastic trim back on or not. Didn't have a 1/2" drill bit handy so I have some time to consider it.
View attachment 46012 View attachment 46013

Rugged Ridge tray and phone holder, with the holder flipped down:
View attachment 46014

And bonus pics of the sun shield I cut the other day from an extra large $9 shield off Amazon. Fits the windshield very nicely and the visors hold it securely. I just traced the outside window seal on some butcher paper and cut to fit, then added a cutout for the mirror.
View attachment 46015
View attachment 46016
Great job! Thanks for the pictures.

Had the NTM rims installed this week. In the future will add some seat covers and replace the passenger side fender due to the rust belt blues. Found one on Craigslist the right color and just need to prep it before installing.

The boat in the background is the reason I have the TJ. My son was the Jeep’s second owner but after graduating college he bought the boat which he couldn’t tow with the SE. He didn’t want to sell the TJ so I made an offer and told him he could use it whenever he wants. Now it gives me the hobby I’d been looking for, some fun for my wife and I and my son can still enjoy it too.

E16B29AB-7764-4F7D-9F85-CD98C0C42858.jpeg

A2C1D35E-EE4C-4A38-9A7D-2F0D4FC6BC6E.jpeg

I really want one on those!

If you flip the phone holder as it comes from Rugged Ridge, it contacts the accessory wheel on the tray.
IMAG0619.jpg

The top piece with the retaining nut has an extra hole. All you need to do is use it as a template and drill a second hole in the same position on the phone mount.
IMAG0620.jpg IMAG0622.jpg
Then when you flip the phone mount and place the bolt through the second hole, it clears the wheel on the tray and the phone mount ring barely contacts the dash vents.
IMAG0623.jpg

If you flip the phone holder as it comes from Rugged Ridge, it contacts the accessory wheel on the tray.
View attachment 46069

The top piece with the retaining nut has an extra hole. All you need to do is use it as a template and drill a second hole in the same position on the phone mount.
View attachment 46070 View attachment 46071
Then when you flip the phone mount and place the bolt through the second hole, it clears the wheel on the tray and the phone mount ring barely contacts the dash vents.
View attachment 46072
Nice work in modifying a mod !! lol

Scored a really nice rear bumper off of CL for $125! What a bear getting the bottom bolts out. They are toast. Going to Fastenal to pickup some new ones tomorrow. Painted the rear cross member. Ran a 7/16 x 20 tap through the vertical mounting nuts on the new bumper because I could not get the bolts to thread in. Got some grade 8 bolts at Ace but might get some stainless at Fastenal.
Painted the front frame after removing the front Sway Bar and Painted the Sway Bar bushing clamps.

Will post pics when completed.

Lou

IMG_0461.jpg

Had the NTM rims installed this week. In the future will add some seat covers and replace the passenger side fender due to the rust belt blues. Found one on Craigslist the right color and just need to prep it before installing.

The boat in the background is the reason I have the TJ. My son was the Jeep’s second owner but after graduating college he bought the boat which he couldn’t tow with the SE. He didn’t want to sell the TJ so I made an offer and told him he could use it whenever he wants. Now it gives me the hobby I’d been looking for, some fun for my wife and I and my son can still enjoy it too.

View attachment 46036

View attachment 46035
Stocker alert!! I like it.